Third Party Press

Think this one is going back.

MIKEMC

Thought I found a all matching Erma 27 1939. It was shown as a (All Matching). I new it had been very messed with, Sanded,most parts Blued. The price was right but now after I have sat down with it and my books I noticed the bolt had the correct number but incorrect block letter. Then I noticed the inspections on the bolt were not Erma. Little shocked that someone found the correct numbered bolt. So now I am thinking it isnt worth much.....Very disappointed. But I am learning and loving my books.

Attachments

• 20190727_011824.jpg
    20190727_011824.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 20190727_011756.jpg
    20190727_011756.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 100
  • 20190727_011728.jpg
    20190727_011728.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 20190727_011723.jpg
    20190727_011723.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 20190727_011549.jpg
    20190727_011549.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 20190727_011606.jpg
    20190727_011606.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 20190727_011622.jpg
    20190727_011622.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190727_011634.jpg
    20190727_011634.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 77
That is not a miracle of finding a correctly numbered bolt, but instead an obvious case of fake boosheet.

Bolt flat has been obviously ground, renumbered, compounded by some crappy 'O' and 'f' dies trying to mate into an unbiblical union.

If someone had sent me a pic of that bolt, I would giggle and politely say no. Then I would pass the pics and data around through back channels so that it would be outed for what it is: shite.

You've been showing some pretty jacked up items here. Study the books and sticky threads, and maybe ask via open discussion or PM before dropping your coins.

Last edited:
That is not a miracle of finding a correctly numbered bolt, but instead an obvious case of fake boosheet.

Bolt flat has been obviously ground, renumbered, compounded by some crappy 'O' and 'f' dies trying to mate into an unbiblical union.

If someone had sent me a pic of that bolt, I would giggle and politely say no. Then I would pass the pics and data around through back channels so that it would be outed for what it is: shite.

You've been showing some pretty jacked up items here. Study the books and sticky threads, and maybe ask via open discussion or PM before dropping your coins.
I am done buying any more from this large collection. I cant believe how almost every piece has been screwed with. It's hard for me as this LGS is down the street from me and there is over 50 k98,s in right now. I keep looking them over but every single one has been realy messed with. Nothing good in the collection worst collection I have ever seen.

wow up to 50 now? i havent been over there in a few weeks, i think ill stop by today just to see that many humpers in one spot. damn shame

I am done buying any more from this large collection. I cant believe how almost every piece has been screwed with. It's hard for me as this LGS is down the street from me and there is over 50 k98,s in right now. I keep looking them over but every single one has been realy messed with. Nothing good in the collection worst collection I have ever seen.

Use this as a learning moment... go back and examine, and see if you can ID the issues. Naturally, a major issue on one part (gun #1) will cast a long shadow on that rifle... but what are the other inconsistencies on gun #1? Now move to gun #2....

Here's a post to get started :)

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?24946-Bogus-bait-and-other&highlight=phosphate

Last edited:
wow up to 50 now? i havent been over there in a few weeks, i think ill stop by today just to see that many humpers in one spot. damn shame

There is lots more to come. Bob lets 20-30 at a time come in. He apologized to me this morning. I told him no worries. I know he doest have time to look each one over.

You can see the old numbers on the bolt. Unbalievable.

Attachments

• 20190727_111425.jpg
    20190727_111425.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20190727_111420.jpg
    20190727_111420.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190727_111350.jpg
    20190727_111350.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 49
  • 20190727_111327.jpg
    20190727_111327.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20190727_111344.jpg
    20190727_111344.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190727_111346.jpg
    20190727_111346.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 37
Use this as a learning moment... go back and examine, and see if you can ID the issues.

Great point from BiO here. If you've got the time, no better teaching moment than examining these in hand looking for the inconsistencies.

There is lots more to come. Bob lets 20-30 at a time come in. He apologized to me this morning. I told him no worries. I know he doest have time to look each one over.

He should erase his made up bullshit descriptions on Gunporker and stick to simply stating facts. Otherwise he will spend the rest of the year apologizing. And look like a major dumbass.

Just think, someone is buying them as legit. They go in there when the have saved enough and are putting money down on the counter. If they build their collection from all of these imagine their surprise one day when they find out their money was wasted. But I wouldn’t stop going, even collections full of bad guns can have a jewel or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just think, someone is buying them as legit. They go in there when the have saved enough and are putting money down on the counter. If they build their collection from all of these imagine their surprise one day when they find out their money was wasted. But I wouldn’t stop going, even collections full of bad guns can have a jewel or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, I am heading down now to return this one and look through the rest. Have some time to myself today. There is a Mountain Carbine down there.

I wish I had a shop like this down the road from me! Just to go in and learn some on the humped stuff. But like mrfarb stated, if someone goes in there and buys some rifles and later down the road finds out that they are duds, well that sucks. Lucky MIKEMC checked it out early enough to take it back and has learned something about. Plus it's good that the owner is decent enough to let these guys check the rifles out really good. I've been in a few shops where they don't like you taking photos of there inventory.

I wish I had a shop like this down the road from me! Just to go in and learn some on the humped stuff. But like mrfarb stated, if someone goes in there and buys some rifles and later down the road finds out that they are duds, well that sucks. Lucky MIKEMC checked it out early enough to take it back and has learned something about. Plus it's good that the owner is decent enough to let these guys check the rifles out really good. I've been in a few shops where they don't like you taking photos of there inventory.
Bob is a realy good friend of mine. He tries his best to offer them as they are presented to him. He has always been great to me as I am one of his top customers. I am trying to show him the good and bad in this large collection. He is finally seeing them for what they are and not what the family if the estate says they are. As soon as I show him a turd that I bougjt he tells me immediately to return it or exchange it for another. He has eaten a lot of returns from GB as he didnt want to ask the consignment owner for tje money back after they were paid. I am trying to help him from that not happening again.

Why does your friend not return the entire steaming pile to the estate and frankly tell them "sorry folks, this is not what you think it is and it's not even close to what you think it's worth"? Done deal.
Instead, he keeps peddling this shite in his store and on Gunporker while complaining to you how he now takes it personally in the shorts because he doesn't want to bother the consignment owner with returns.
This entire story is beginning to make no sense, it's devoid of any logic or common sense.

Why does your friend not return the entire steaming pile to the estate and frankly tell them "sorry folks, this is not what you think it is and it's not even close to what you think it's worth"? Done deal.
Instead, he keeps peddling this shite in his store and on Gunporker while complaining to you how he now takes it personally in the shorts because he doesn't want to bother the consignment owner with returns.
This entire story is beginning to make no sense, it's devoid of any logic or common sense.
He is just trying to make a living. When you are selling every type of gun made and by no means an expert on every type you just do what you think is right. You seem to be taking this very personally. No one is making you buy any? He does what he thinks he knows just like lits of people who have not been researching every K98 made and exactly how and what the are. He is moving merchandise. Doesnt care where it came from or what it is. I am helping him now get up to speed on what this collection consists of which there are hundred of German wespons. When the owner started 60 years ago there was no internet or books. Jeeeez

If he is getting a bunch of returns from GB buyers, and this group is being discussed on various forums, he will gain a reputation of being a dealer in humped up pimp shined garbage guns.

One does not lose that reputation easily.

Obviously this collection is chock full of turds, he should tell the estate it's mostly pimp shined junk, and not worth what THEY think it is...and let them sell it. At this point it's obvious it's not a case of a few turds interspersed, but a collection of turds with maybe a few good one's interspersed...

Last edited:
If he is getting a bunch of returns from GB buyers, and this group is being discussed on various forums, he will gain a reputation of being a dealer in humped up pimp shined garbage guns.

One does not lose that reputation easily.

Obviously this collection is chock full of turds, he should tell the estate it's mostly pimp shined junk, and not worth what THEY think it is...and let them sell it. At this point it's obvious it's not a case of a few turds interspersed, but a collection of turds with maybe a few good one's interspersed...
If there selling and people are buying them they are not turds. Not everyone gives a shite if the stock has been sanded or if the gun has been put together from parts. Why do you think Mitchells are doing 800+ now. So your Idea of a turd is not the masses. Yes to well educated in the subject collectors , they are turds and you should know what to stay away from. He moves more guns than any local store I know. Its not a Hobby to him. Its a career to make money. Anything he puts on his floor for sale has value to someone.

He only gets a commission on these. Prices were negotiated before they arrived. He is trying to mark them now as we find out more avout them. He would be a fool to say he is not interested in moving a couple 100 guns for a estate with no out of pocket money.

Military Rifle Journal
Back