Third Party Press

Single Rune

I recently got interested in Mauser 98k's. I bought a 45 SPW mismatched and it's a great shooter. I've been looking at some single rune BYF 43's. I have read about how frequently they are faked. Since these guns usually bring a premium price is there anything to look for that will give you an idea that's it's legit?

Do you mean SWP? Also there is no such thing as a single ruin byf 43. You are thinking of the bnz 43. I suggest staying around this forum and reading for a long time before you even think about purchasing any "ss" rifle. They are one of the if not THE most faked weapons in the surplus collecting world.

John.

Do you mean SWP? Also there is no such thing as a single ruin byf 43. You are thinking of the bnz 43. I suggest staying around this forum and reading for a long time before you even think about purchasing any "ss" rifle. They are one of the if not THE most faked weapons in the surplus collecting world.

John.[/QUOTE

Yup. The fakers know bnz 43 and bnz 4 are sweet spots. A rune mark isn't very hard to fake. I've owned one but it was a Russian capture. Maybe start there as you won't lose as much if it's no good. I strongly recommend not making a SS related gun your first k98 purchase.

John.

John.[/QUOTE

Yup. The fakers know bnz 43 and bnz 4 are sweet spots. A rune mark isn't very hard to fake. I've owned one but it was a Russian capture. Maybe start there as you won't lose as much if it's no good. I strongly recommend not making a SS related gun your first k98 purchase.

Yes the one I currently have is an SWP 45 and the two rifles I was referring to were both BNZ 43. At the prices they are wanting it's nothing I would consider unless they could be authenticated. I have a friend who is an avid Mauser collector who I've been using as a sounding board for anything I get interested in.

Yes the one I currently have is an SWP 45 and the two rifles I was referring to were both BNZ 43. At the prices they are wanting it's nothing I would consider unless they could be authenticated. I have a friend who is an avid Mauser collector who I've been using as a sounding board for anything I get interested in.

It's best. If I collected SS firearms I would assume everything is fake until proven real, not the other way around.

John.

What is a Single Ruin? I guess you are right, there is no such thing as a single ruin byf 43.

SS contract and Single Rune rifles are easy to find and authenticate. Read this thread and buy the book.
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?27-Steyr-SS-contract-and-SS-K98k-variant-serials-and-data

And look at examples here in the Picture Reference section.
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?45-Picture-Reference-Index

What is a Single Ruin? I guess you are right, there is no such thing as a single ruin byf 43.

SS contract and Single Rune rifles are easy to find and authenticate. Read this thread and buy the book.
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?27-Steyr-SS-contract-and-SS-K98k-variant-serials-and-data

And look at examples here in the Picture Reference section.
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?45-Picture-Reference-Index

You got me! I sounded like bubba! :censored::laugh:

John.

Military Rifle Journal
Back