Third Party Press

Commonwealth/AA Marked Rifles

samuel990

I have recently been really interested in k98k rifles that bear the AA acceptance mark having gone through Alexandria or Allhalabad Arsenal. I have read what little I could find on them over the past few weeks, and was wondering if anyone had more info on these rifles, in addition to rarity/value. I have only found one for sale. It is on Pre98, and I am guessing he has it marked up a lot, at almost $4,000.

Thanks,
Sam

Hambone has at least one, and has posted it...there may be some threads in the sticky thread, did you check there?

I would say anything sold on pre98 is wildly overpriced, and possibly humped...buyer beware!

Throw a WTB out here, you may get lucky...

I have recently been really interested in k98k rifles that bear the AA acceptance mark having gone through Alexandria or Allhalabad Arsenal. I have read what little I could find on them over the past few weeks, and was wondering if anyone had more info on these rifles, in addition to rarity/value. I have only found one for sale. It is on Pre98, and I am guessing he has it marked up a lot, at almost $4,000.

Thanks,
Sam

That rifle is rather raggedy and has some problems with the finish. Last year he picked it up on the Gunbonker awkshun for about $1800 or less because no one else bid on it. I watched it. He's had it listed since then. If he reduced it to $2000, even $2150, and carnival barked it he may find one of the fish that jumps at bullshit to buy it for that. However, $4k is evidently even too much for a bobbleheaded dumbass with more money than sense. He's glommed his sales pitch from my thread, this one, which is a tad irritating because what we do here is not for the purpose of carnival barking, but helping fellow collectors. I wouldn't sell my AA duv 1940 for $4k, but it's much nicer and well, a duv 1940.

Last edited:
That rifle is rather raggedy and has some problems with the finish. Last year he picked it up on the Gunbonker awkshun for about $1800 or less because no one else bid on it. I watched it. He's had it listed since then. If he reduced it to $2000, even $2150, and carnival barked it he may find one of the fish that jumps at bullshit to buy it for that. However, $4k is evidently even too much for a bobbleheaded dumbass with more money than sense. He's glommed his sales pitch from my thread, this one, which is a tad irritating because what we do here is not for the purpose of carnival barking, but helping fellow collectors. I wouldn't sell my AA duv 1940 for $4k, but it's much nicer and well, a duv 1940.

Apparently the $3,500 price tag was acceptable to somebody as it is now listed as out of stock.

https://pre98.com/shop/new-arrivals...mauser-borsigwalde-k98k-rifle-all-matching-2/

Thank you both for the responses. I had a feeling the Pre98 rifle was grossly overpriced for what it is. I will keep looking, and hopefully one will eventually come my way! I have seen the pictures of yours Hambone. Great looking rifle!

Thank you both for the responses. I had a feeling the Pre98 rifle was grossly overpriced for what it is. I will keep looking, and hopefully one will eventually come my way! I have seen the pictures of yours Hambone. Great looking rifle!

Thank you Samuel. :happy0180: It's in Vol.II of The Book.

AA rifle - 243 1939

That rifle was owned by a friend and when he offered it up I made a 1400.00 bid on it before auction.
He decided to move it online in the hope that it would go higher.
I believe it went through several runs at close to 2k with no bidders until Scott bought it.

Gun is legit but has condition issues.

He reads this forum, or people that work for him do and tell him about what is said. Probably pulled it, nobody is dumb enough to pay that much for that rifle. Well, maybe I'm wrong.....

He definitely pulled it. It will be up for sale again in a couple months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back