Third Party Press

Matching BNZ MP44 parts set value?

maxipum

26BC4926-4878-444F-92F0-31380EA341AF.jpgThinking about putting this up in the trader. Single saw cut matching parts set. Excellent bore, original sight hood takedown tool and manual. The receiver is cut about an inch behind the “mp44” stamping on the left side. Nothing refinished or sanded. Combat carried look has about 45-55% of original finish remaining. Could this set bring 7500?Or if value isn’t there I’ll likely just keep it. BEA21572-F52A-42BC-85F9-B1E6FD4299A6.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful kit, shame it had to be cut.

Parts kits are all over the board, when I think about parts kits I think $5500.00, however rarely are they in the state yours is in. I think 7500 is reasonable, at the end of the day it is worth what someone will pay.

nice kit with original mag

$ 5,500.00 is a good number, $ 7,000.00 if you can get it. heck I saw a nice kit go for over 9 k this year and a few kits under 4k

post high if you get interest you can cut it back mag helps the sell

Looks amazing. A few minutes with a MIG welder and it could be back in action, but who's the buyer for a kit like that? I assume someone with a SOT would be able to put it back together.

cant remember the site rules on this or I would post a direct link, I m on 10 sites a day every body has got different rules

so go to GB and type in MP-44 it will come up

Looks amazing. A few minutes with a MIG welder and it could be back in action, but who's the buyer for a kit like that? I assume someone with a SOT would be able to put it back together.

I agree that it looks amazing! The cut appears very clean, and as you say, “a few minutes with a mig welder...”. I know like nothing when it comes to these parts kits, dewats, and receiver cuts; but I thought that to be legal the receiver needed to be torch cut. And does it need to be cut by anybody, or some agency of authority. Do they still need to be registered? Such pieces as shown are very interesting, but I’m totally in the dark.

I'm floating in the deep end here but I 'think' the destruction method in vogue at the moment is what matters. A lot of the senior people at ATF kind of know when things were imported and what the protocol at the time was. I may be way off base but that's why you see such high prices for clean sawcuts, original fully popped barrels, etc. Just can't get that stuff anymore so supply/demand is in play.

Any gun on the registry is legal to own. Dewats, rewets, tube guns it doesn't matter. Registered good. All else is the domain of SOT guys.

I'm floating in the deep end here but I 'think' the destruction method in vogue at the moment is what matters. A lot of the senior people at ATF kind of know when things were imported and what the protocol at the time was. I may be way off base but that's why you see such high prices for clean sawcuts, original fully popped barrels, etc. Just can't get that stuff anymore so supply/demand is in play.

Any gun on the registry is legal to own. Dewats, rewets, tube guns it doesn't matter. Registered good. All else is the domain of SOT guys.

And now, after reading this thread, and a couple of other threads in this topic, more things come to mind. It’s been talked about how the prices of these firearms have sky rocketed over the years, and are no longer affordable to the common collector; that coupled with the GCA of 68 makes it even a tougher market to collect in. I don’t know the history of the piece in the opening post; but it raised a question for me. How many of these are out there that never got registered before GCA68 (or for that matter, how many came back from Vietnam Nam and Golf Wars), and are now in the possession of people that really can’t do anything with them except either to continue hanging on to them, or risk selling them “under the table”. Wouldn’t a third option be for the firearm to be cut at the receiver and then sold as a parts gun?

It’s a grey area to be sure. I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice - but it’s my take.

The ATF has always said “Once a machinegun, always a machinegun.” In that context, the ATF has published guidance on how to properly destroy them via a torch cutter displacing so much etc. it’s on the atf site so go read it if you’re curious.

Now, that guidance is for imports, but it’s important to remember that it is the only guidance. So if you comply you have a leg to stand on. If you don’t conform it’s a game of Russian Roulette.

Unfortunately the majority of the history is on the receiver housing. That can’t be helped, however, the shell is the “firearm” or serialized part - and good news! Quality repro’s are currently for sale.

So, if one were to own a saw cut parts kit, I would give them this totally not legal advice from not a lawyer: destroy the receiver shell, buy a new production shell and make a semi auto like everyone does with HK’s and Cetme’s etc.

Or buy stamped guns :thumbsup:

Last edited:
View attachment 211356Thinking about putting this up in the trader. Single saw cut matching parts set. Excellent bore, original sight hood takedown tool and manual. The receiver is cut about an inch behind the “mp44” stamping on the left side. Nothing refinished or sanded. Combat carried look has about 45-55% of original finish remaining. Could this set bring 7500?Or if value isn’t there I’ll likely just keep it. View attachment 211332

Any update on your decision to keep it or sell it? If the latter, I would be interested :thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back