Third Party Press

Thread: identification numbers

Default identification numbers

new to forum: would like to purchase k98, there's a fellow who has many, but alas a shyster. Where do you look for all the matching numbers etc.
    he has a bunch of oberndorf rifles, haven't really had a chance to look them over. hopefully he'll let me take graphics and I will post here for help.

Danke. Junnie

P.S. I'm a shooter not a collector, but I appreciate a quality rifle with some collectors value... Thank you in advance: Junnie

Bolt, bolt components, stock, barrel bands, triggerguard, bayonet lug, floorplate, follower, buttplate, rear sight, front sight, etc. The early made rifles were numbered on almost everything. The late war made rifles not as much.

Post pictures when you get a chance
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by junnie View Post
    new to forum: would like to purchase k98, there's a fellow who has many, but alas a shyster. Where do you look for all the matching numbers etc.
    he has a bunch of oberndorf rifles, haven't really had a chance to look them over. hopefully he'll let me take graphics and I will post here for help.

Danke. Junnie

P.S. I'm a shooter not a collector, but I appreciate a quality rifle with some collectors value... Thank you in advance: Junnie

Serial number: 6856 laminated stock. barrel and receiver match, that's about it... ???? tell me anything about this rifle???

byf 42
    Last edited by junnie; 09-10-2019 at 05:15 PM.