Third Party Press

PreAlpha Radom VIS

ugafx4

I buy capture paper guns
Staff member
Continuing with the theme of stumbling into a wide variety of interesting pistols that I never thought I would own.....this is a prealpha Radom VIS. These were mostly leftover Polish production parts that were assembled by the Nazi's after the occupation of Radom. It is my understanding that a lot of these first 10k went to the Kreigsmarine, but who knows. The finish quality on these pistols is EXTREMELY high. They are really tough to find in high condition. This one definitely has a good bit of use, but it is still a gorgeous pistol. Has the stock slot, and the lanyard loop was never installed. It also has the early photoetched slide markings. I really like the dozen or so symbols on the trigger guard. This one pairs well with my Phosphate example, really get an idea of both ends of the Radom production spectrum. One day I will do a comparison photo shoot.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 191
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 119
What a find Ty, can’t get over the finishing work on these early ones, congrats!

Thank you Mike! I was hoping to hear from you! Hope all is well!

Very nice example. The no-letter bloc P35 with photo-engraved slide logo is one of the scarcest variants of German production to find (next to a Steyr Type III in the "j"-bloc). Back in the day I had #204. Though it was about a 75% condition/matching piece, both frame, slide and the few remaining major components were finished in a copper-red color (same as seen on some Walther P.38s). However, most of the smaller comps, like hammer, trigger, slide release, etc. were all deeply rust blued Polish left-overs and nearly everything bore Polish inspection markings.

Very nice Ty. Practically speaking, these were excellent handguns as well. Pic sticky ref.

Military Rifle Journal
Back