Third Party Press

I just purchased a new dot 1944 rifle looking for some information?

Jeffcamis

I'm new to the mauser 98k. I just purchased a semi sportized 98k 1944 dot mauser. The barreled action seems like a good candidate for restoration.

Besides ebay which is hit or miss does anyone else have a source for parts? I need a correct stock and stamped middle band.

Also looking for a book that would be the best way to find out what are the correct parts. Code in such. Thanks.

No matter where you look for parts, finding a perfectly correct stock for a dot 1944 rifle is going to take a lot of patience and probably some good money. Late war stocks that aren't dinked usually command a high price because so few are on the market.
Check out the trader section here, mowzerluvr often has some good Norwegian-refurb stocks for sale but these will obviously not be factory correct. You might also find someone with the right stock in this trader section. You'll need a certain number of posts to be able to see the trader section. US1945 is another member that has a lot of parts in his collection (mostly metal, maybe he'll have the band), he's often selling a few on the trader as well.

Edit: Best book is Bruce Karem and Michael Steves' Karabiner 98k series, or just look at the picture reference section here on the forum. I believe the chapter on dot rifles is in volume IIb

Bruce is selling a book set in the trader section as we speak at a discount

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I just recently acquired a 5 digit sn 1944 dot K98 as well. It was sporterized and I am in the process of trying to return it to it former glory. Finding the stamped middle band wasn't too tough. Finding the end plate for the Kriegsmodell stock was tougher. Finding the stock is almost impossible.

You have to have a certain amount of posts on the forum before you can access the trader section. I suppose this is to keep out bots.

It’s to help keep spammers and scammers away. Those types will sign up and look for a trader to exploit people- no trader they move on. At least that’s the thinking, seems to be working. You have to post 2 times to see the trader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back