Third Party Press

Humped SS Conversion

89fa48e257164664cf5d6fa55d299baa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did Scott confirm this one was faked? If so bravo!
You guys might have seen it before but I would be happy to show a correct one of these soon.

You guys might have seen it before but I would be happy to show a correct one of these soon.

No he is selling it as 100% matched for $7,950....

No he is selling it as 100% matched for $7,950....

A straight up Sweaty Ben sales approach. “I can’t see any numbers on this that don’t match” is not really a lie because some of them are FAKES. They could have gotten a good price for that AS a bolt mismatch!!

I think there is a disconnect - To me "Scott B" is Scott Bugan, someone that would know this bolt was fake even without seeing the evidence of when this one was posted as a mismatch. "Scotty B" is Scotty Benedict of Pre98.com, also "CreepyCollins" on Gunbroker.

I think there is a disconnect - To me "Scott B" is Scott Bugan, someone that would know this bolt was fake even without seeing the evidence of when this one was posted as a mismatch. "Scotty B" is Scotty Benedict of Pre98.com, also "CreepyCollins" on Gunbroker.

Sir you are correct, my misunderstanding, wrong Scott.

Yes sorry for the confusion. Scott Benedict owns pre98, Scott B is Bugan. Ill modify the post

I see it was mentioned earlier the front band and bayonet lug were also restamped.

Last edited:
..the question is did the bolt "match" before he got it or after....

As I see it that's all that's left. Did he buy a fake or have the fake made by his command. Same for Sweaty Ben's pile of fakes he sold. Bought that way or commissioned? Sad

The question is, when did Hercules sell it? I seem to remember it wasn’t that long ago.

The tragedy is since they ruined the original front band it can never be returned to its legit bolt mismatch status. It’s ruined.

The question is, when did Hercules sell it? I seem to remember it wasn’t that long ago.

The tragedy is since they ruined the original front band it can never be returned to its legit bolt mismatch status. It’s ruined.

And that’s the part that gets me: a legit bolt mismatch, an honest rifle, has been ruined just to try to squeeze a few more bucks out of it.

It was this past summer I believe- and I know he sold it in its original state (as posted in in the picture reference) because I almost bought it. So very likely it can be figured out who dunnit

Hopefully a chain of custody can be established so we can figure out when the bolt was faked.

Guys, when you post these discussions please upload the picture evidence and screenshots. Otherwise this thread is generally worthless as a heads up and learning tool over time. It could be made worthless by deleting the post or links at the other site. If these things are called out they need to be documented here and saved. Post before and after, post the screenshots of the ad. Document and support the opinion. Tks, HB

Military Rifle Journal
Back