Third Party Press

Humped SS Conversion

I'm never right :laugh: I moved it here.

No, you are right too....:happy0180:

Look, bottom line, we know the condition it was in when it left Hercules' hands to go to Pre-98, and we know the condition it was when it was posted for sale, and we have the description that was included...

There is many a slip twixt a cup and a lip....so it IS possible something strange happened. Aliens could have come down and took it away for study, it could have changed hands once in between, lots of things could have happened, and no one knows what.

But there is the whole Occam's Razor thing...

In any case, due to the diligence and keen observation of things by the members of this board, the now humped to match gun has been discovered and called out for all who wish to look at the pics, and make their own conclusions.

Its just sad, however it happened, that a perfectly legit gun has been tainted....

Last edited:
No, you are right too....:happy0180:

Look, bottom line, we know the condition it was in when it left Hercules' hands to go to Pre-98, and we know the condition it was when it was posted for sale, and we have the description that was included...

There is many a slip twixt a cup and a lip....so it IS possible something strange happened. Aliens could have come down and took it away for study, it could have changed hands once in between, lots of things could have happened, and know one knows what.

But there is the whole Occam's Razor thing...

In any case, due to the diligence and keen observation of things by the members of this board, the now humped to match gun has been discovered and called out for all who wish to look at the pics, and make their own conclusions.

Its just sad, however it happened, that a perfectly legit gun has been tainted....

Well said. The takeaway is that someone humped this thing and aside from who dunnit another great legit rifle gets smoked. It’s unfortunate that there is a big enough market to support this kind of thing. It’s even worse that an armorers spare bolt, rare enough itself, got ruined in the process. To collectors like most here, that unnumbered bolt would be a big plus as a sales point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said. The takeaway is that someone humped this thing and aside from who dunnit another great legit rifle gets smoked. It’s unfortunate that there is a big enough market to support this kind of thing. It’s even worse that an armorers spare bolt, rare enough itself, got ruined in the process. To collectors like most here, that unnumbered bolt would be a big plus as a sales point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now I'm confused I thought you sold it directly to the last seller.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My bad for some reason Tapatalk showed I was quoting Hercules.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It was mine. Yes I traded it to Pre98 and have a receipt. Rifle looked like it did on forum. That’s all I know and not much else to say.

Military Rifle Journal
Back