Third Party Press

Humped SS Conversion

It makes my heart sink and my stomach churn to know someone would ruin a beautiful bolt m/m to squeeze some more cash out of it. This seller has not the first idea of what collecting is or looks like, or he would have been swallowed alive by his own conscience when doing it (if he did it). I would not pay 1/5 of what the bolt m/m was worth for the newly "matching" piece.
I also would like to see a chain of custody from Hercules to this Scotty guy.

My Old Rifle

I just saw this. I have been busy at work and life in general. Kind of taking a break unless it is sniper related. I already have an SS Conversion and posts like this don’t interest me anymore to be honest. Especially since it was about a faked one. That is why I am just commenting. I had a call from a friend today that made me wonder and that is when I searched for a post like this.
I wish I had never traded this rifle to him and this makes me feel pretty crappy. Not that it is anyone’s business, but I got a well worn matching SS Contract gun and about $800 in the trade. When I traded it to him the SS Conversion Gun looked just like it did when I got it from Gunbroker years ago, except I added the unnumbered armorers bolt. It looked just as I posted it here. It really makes me mad I have to give an explanation here,----------------. obviously a real hard up guy willing to do anything for a buck. That front band already had a 11 faintly stamped on it before he improved (ruined) it.-------------- The bolt was also a legit unnumbered armorers bolt. I will never deal with him again. I only do this for fun and not to spend my free time working deals with people like Scott. I hope nobody gets burned by this.

Last edited:
I just saw this. I have been busy at work and life in general. Kind of taking a break unless it is sniper related. I already have an SS Conversion and posts like this don’t interest me anymore to be honest. Especially since it was about a faked one. That is why I am just commenting. I had a call from a friend today that made me wonder and that is when I searched for a post like this.
I wish I had never traded this rifle to him and this makes me feel pretty crappy. Not that it is anyone’s business, but I got a well worn matching SS Contract gun and about $800 in the trade. When I traded it to him the SS Conversion Gun looked just like it did when I got it from Gunbroker years ago, except I added the unnumbered armorers bolt. It looked just as I posted it here. It really makes me mad I have to give an explanation here, because .......... Scott is obviously a real hard up guy willing to do anything for a buck. That front band already had a 11 faintly stamped on it before he improved (ruined) it. ....... The bolt was also a legit unnumbered armorers bolt. I will never deal with him again. I only do this for fun and not to spend my free time working deals with people like Scott. I hope nobody gets burned by this.

Wow, interesting, speaks for itself.

Sad, very sad. Especially ruining the original band and a straight up unmarked armorer's bolt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there no way to stop this? Do shows have a code of conduct? can he get banned from having a table? does the state of VA not care about someone who is altering serial numbers on firearms and defrauding customers?

Is there no way to stop this? Do shows have a code of conduct? can he get banned from having a table? does the state of VA not care about someone who is altering serial numbers on firearms and defrauding customers?

As long as they don't alter the receiver serial like the guy in NJ there is nothing illegal about altering the others. Even in NJ it ultimately ended up with fine and suspended sentence. Fraud statute maybe. Theft by deception possibly. However someone would have to initiate charges. Ciivl could be better route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As long as he doesn't alter the receiver serial like the dumbass in NJ there is nothing illegal about altering the others. Even in NJ it ultimately ended up with fine and suspended sentence. Fraud statute maybe. Theft by deception possibly. However someone would have to initiate charges. Ciivl could be better route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think the biggest issue I have seen is that you have to be defrauded in order to file. Although, the Virginia AG does state:

The Consumer Protection Section of the Office of the Attorney General of Virginia provides protection to consumers from fraud, deception, and illegal practices in the marketplace.

We are authorized to handle complaints related to the advertisement, sale, or lease of goods and services that are intended for personal, family or home use.
Seems like just advertising on the website is enough for them to take interest? I presume enough people would have to complain.

Since he keeps deleting the pages after he sells the items, wouldn't that be destruction of evidence?

Last edited:
I think the biggest issue I have seen is that you have to be defrauded in order to file. Although, the Virginia AG does state:

Seems like just advertising on the website is enough for them to take interest? I presume enough people would have to complain.

Since he keeps deleting the pages after he sells the items, wouldn't that be destruction of evidence?

Anyone can delete all they want, once it is on the internet it is never gone. Try wayback machine first.

Yes you must have standing to file suit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We are an open, un-censoring site. That said, I would caution everyone to be mindful of what they post. There can be liability for defamation for individuals on the internet. Keep the posts factual and make it clear that they are your opinion. Calling people names and making general allegations without substantiation and proof is imprudent, to put it mildly. As I have previously stated, make sure you have evidence to support your claims. Links to a site or pictures that can be immediately removed are not sufficient. Screen shots, downloads, saved pics, etc., in a file are required. Thank you.

K98 sniper

I could not agree with hambone any more. People dog pile on and post things with out knowing all the story. Personally I have known Scotty for a long time and he has always been fair to deal with. Always very honest with me. I think it could be that there is more to the story. Just my opinion. I seldom post but I noticed that there could be 2 sides to the story. Larry

I could not agree with hambone any more. People dog pile on and post things with out knowing all the story. Personally I have known Scotty for a long time and he has always been fair to deal with. Always very honest with me. I think it could be that there is more to the story. Just my opinion. I seldom post but I noticed that there could be 2 sides to the story. Larry

I'd love to hear the other side of the story, but it never gets out there. The pages just disappear from the website while other items that aren't questionable stick around for eternity and are flaunted https://pre98.com/product-category/gone-but-not-forgotten/. Any chance you can get the other side of the story? From an outsider perspective, it looks pretty bad...

Party A (not the vet) says they traded the item in a specific condition to Party B.

Party B is advertising said item in a different condition stating the item is "exactly as it was captured and vet brought back at the end of the war."

Someone isn't being honest... the question is.. who?

Last edited:
Yeah it's pretty damning evidence to say you're a good honest person when someone on here clearly states he traded this rifle plus cash to you last year. And now it's being sold with a matching bolt that's clearly renumbered. Who else would have done it?

I mean when you got the rifle it had an unnumbered armorer's bolt in it and now that bolt has been clearly renumbered. So obviously someone Scotty knows is doing the numbering and the machine work.

He's right you know....

Damn, Phillynick posted the same time, this was meant for Warrior....

Attachments

• hes-right-you-know-morgan-freeman-agrees-this-this-guy-54331567.jpg
    hes-right-you-know-morgan-freeman-agrees-this-this-guy-54331567.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 23
He's right you know....

I'm never right :laugh: I moved it here.

Yeah it's pretty damning evidence to say you're a good honest person when someone on here clearly states he traded this rifle plus cash to you last year. And now it's being sold with a matching bolt that's clearly renumbered. Who else would have done it?

I mean when you got the rifle it had an unnumbered armorer's bolt in it and now that bolt has been clearly renumbered. So obviously someone Scotty knows is doing the numbering and the machine work.
It's plausible that the item changed hands between last year and today, but to not recognize such an 'ultra rare' item that passes through your hands less than 15 months apart... doesn't seem logical unless you are experiencing illness. That being said, since said the item transferred through your hands you should have a log of the item and serial numbers and it would be prudent of you to check your log to make sure someone doesn't pull a fast one over on you...

He's right you know....

Well I appreciate it Mike. But as Scotty keeps saying on his listing this is the real freaking deal guys! That's not my words that's his so what's that tell your customer base that believe you're a dealer with a good reputation and now you're being outed? I understand Scotty has a business to run but you're selling something for a lot of money that's clearly been enhanced from its original condition. So what matters more to you now your reputation or the money?

Military Rifle Journal
Back