IMG_2674.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2675.JPG
    IMG_2675.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2676.JPG
    IMG_2676.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 74
I'm guessing due to the lack of comment a better pic may be required. Perhaps of the edges? Curiously does it matter anyhow? I've found repro quality badges like this in the $50 to $75 range. Isn't this what it's worth as an original?

Looks like a good Carl Wild produced example to me, other than the lack of finish, I see no problem with the hardware set up or anything.

I have one just like it with much of the original finish, and I believe I paid about $90 for it within the past year, so for that one, I’d price it around 50-60 personally.

I'm guessing due to the lack of comment a better pic may be required. Perhaps of the edges? Curiously does it matter anyhow? I've found repro quality badges like this in the $50 to $75 range. Isn't this what it's worth as an original?
... this subsection gets less views than the K98 section, so that's partly why it's been quiet IMO. While I am no medal "expert" it doesn't scare me...

I agree with Panzer0621, it all looks good.
A lot of these silver wound badges (gold ones too) have finish loss as this one does. Years of handling, stored in the bottom of a box, dresser drawer or what ever. Even ones kept in the original case and handled to a minimum can have finish loss. Absorption by the base metal is a real problem. I have one that seems to have less and less silver finish every year, will be just grey zinc eventually and I never touch it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back