Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my favorite find

Default my favorite find

well since i was over posting pics of that stock and had the camera out i decided to share pics of my favorite find -- im pretty bad at sharing so i thought id try and turn over a new leaf. this is my all time fav for all the obvious reasons -- i collect kreigsmodells and this is a good one if u like late war stuff! i found it a couple years back sitting on a table at a local area garage sale of all things. it was in a nice old soft case that i think it had resided in for a long time. ive left it just as i found it -- even with some storage rust etc. the sling is original to it and just as found. have not turned a screw on it or run a patch thru it cause as they say its only original once. couple interesting things -- its relatively late for a zf41. its got a sauer bolt -- nicely blued ansd finished with early features like oval holes and a guide rib. and its marked with a large script "L", E/37 and star under the root. also has the milled FP u occasionally see on some late MO guns. best part tho is its completely untouched and i plan to keep it that way!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, beautiful rifle. No reason to clean that pup and no way to improve it. YK, when you come out and share you outdo yourself ;) Pic stickied for ref.

That is most impressive. I have not seen a later zf41. Love that stock too. Thanks for posting.

Default zf41

Damn that is nice!!

Ranger-1

Bolt is an armorers part, used in production. Very nice! I've seen it before- I'd say one of the best (if not the best) byf45 ZF41 guns out there....garage sale.....l love it.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Mike et al thx for the comments! This is about as nice - and fortunate - as I've managed in this hobby. Point is really that we all deserve a stroke of good luck like this! If a kriegsmodell collector can happen upon this well then who knows. And the stuff is out there. Jp

That's great. I love that rifle, impossible to upgrade. If I have one Zf.41, I'd like it to be like that. Never did much for me, though.

Besides, I used up all my luck this year.

Jeff
    Collecting latewar K98k rifles and snipers and scopes, and WWII German 6x30 binoculars.

INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Default Great late one

SUPER WOOD. Untouched. Take some more pics of that bolt...very interesting Great find.

a few more pics and will get some of the bolt. it does look odd to see such a well finished bolt in a late gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful pieces, time to put the sling on correctly so you don't chew up that great stock though
    Life is full of fake people. Before you decide to judge them make sure you are not one of them.