Third Party Press

Whats the going rate for a Double Decal Luftwaffe helmet? .

Gents, Im considering selling a German helmet. As Ive seen prices skyrocket in the last few years and Im looking to fund some other projects, It may be time to let it go. I dont want to seem like Im fishing for offers, but Id like to know what I can expect to get for it if I choose to sell it. Im trying to see if I should sell it or sit on it for a few more years.

The winged eagle is intact, one large chip missing from wing. (maybe 5mm around) Badge on other side is about 70% rubbed away. Paint is worn away on top, the rest of the helmet shows scratches consistent with field use. No dents or other exterior damage. Interior of helmet is stamped L.K.S. F.Bruck in clean white paint. The liner is a repro (I have the original liner but the metal ring is split in 2. This an honest, used helmet.

I know pictures would help immensely, but right now Im just looking for ballpark figures. Ive done a little research but so many factors influence the price that Im not quite sure where to begin.

All advice appreciated. Thanks!

The fact that the liner has been removed hurts value. You could put the original liner back in, but it would still be evident that the split pins have been messed with. You will need to provide pictures if you want any more info.

Actually, actual selling prices on German militaria have been falling for about 5 years now. No one knows what the future holds, but I personally don't think prices will rise much again.

Yeah I replaced the liner because I thought it would sell better. Theres a lot of stuff I did when I first started collecting that I regret. A few sporterized rifles come to mind.

Heres some better pics:

JWTu063l.jpg

5D25yaZl.jpg

Iaphu2Zl.jpg

57QjKLyl.jpg

I would say maybe 500-700 ? its hard to say ? Luft helmets really drop on value if no real nice.. Its an early one snake leg decal.

Military Rifle Journal
Back