Third Party Press

Stock on G24t

martas_v

I saw two G24t made in 1942. On G24t have original stock like "old" vz. 24 only serial number, second G24t have stock like 98k with waa marks on stock. Both was made in 1942.
Which stock is original on G24t made on 1942?
First from internet (for idea), second pictures is original gun.
Thank

Attachments

• stock old.jpg
    stock old.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 88
  • stock new.jpg
    stock new.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 69
Dave is a Germanized Czech magnet apparently based on the rifles he's posted. Pat knows a lot and I think RyanE too. Probably missed somebody. NOT the Balkan Sea Wars dude however.

Pat knows a lot

You're being WAY too charitable, but here's what I can say:

A dou 42 G.24(t) should not be in a Vz.24 stock, as they had already started producing dedicated G.24(t) stocks before that, like the one shown in Martas_v's first photo. The very first kind of 'proto' G.24(t) rifles I've seen and owned had blank barrel shanks and were proofed WaA607. They used Vz.24 stocks that were frequently modified with the features we've come to expect from 'Germanized' Czech Vz.24's.

The rifle in the second photo (from the photo itself and martas' description) sounds like a 1942 produced G.24(t) barreled action that was placed in a Vz.24 stock later on, maybe even post-war. Martas, do you have more photos of the markings on the second rifle, especially the stock? Is the left side of the receiver marked 'G.24(t)' or something else?

Pat

Sorry, I have only this photo.
Marks on gun G24(t).
Maybe romanian production used by slovakia army???

Attachments

• 108011600.jpg
    108011600.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Should be visible serial numbers and proofs as slovak accepted production were mostly send to export. b.r.Andy

Maybe check rear sight graduation starting at 200M like on Hambone's Slovak contract in that link instead of 300M of typical Vz24.

Military Rifle Journal
Back