Third Party Press

byf 44 a block

jbmauser

Senior Member Eh
Not a perfect example, the metal has some condition issues and it had been slathered in some sort of varnish at some point in the past, which the previous owner mostly removed. I carefully removed the remainder and am fairly happy with the rifle. You can tell the stock has been a bit messed with but not sanded and it has some interesting features. Well, at least to me. Milled bottom metal, which isn't too unusual but far less common than stamped and the walnut stock is the latest I have recorded until you get into the L block. Barrel code is pretty neat as well being a super early 44 dated Dohlen supplied blank marked 44D10.

R6CMnR.jpg2X3lJ0.jpgmURdd5.jpggz9EIF.jpgOIly17.jpgmXRr2N.jpgBCRu98.jpg3dWmaL.jpgw8CohG.jpgtdby6i.jpggPdpkk.jpgABnODn.jpgWlsLKt.jpgHVStMb.jpgBG6fVR.jpgFVZ0Ru.jpgNg1T8l.jpgCR62R2.jpgcEPBiQ.jpghhdJHq.jpg

That's a great looking rifle, Jeremy. It has that been there done that look, in which I like. The walnut stocks are may favorite.:thumbsup:

Thanks guys. The "a" block seems to be pretty elusive, at least to me, so I thought I'd better grab it despite the issues.

Military Rifle Journal
Back