Third Party Press

$25,000 s/147k

I remember when he sold the last one for 14k and thought it was nuts.. I guess he figures with inflation 25k now is the going rate.. I figured it might be the same one ?

Look at the black widow rig prices as they are insane but doesn't stop him from increasing the prices and they sell ????

There's a certain mindset that always thinks price is perfectively reflective of value. It stems from ignorance of subject matter and plagues every field. Pre98 has tapped into this. Sadly, there are legions of people with $$$$ that subscribe to this.

I hope the shite eating dog dies holding onto that rifle and they shove it up his a$$ as they put him in the casket......

All that would accomplish is leaving a perfectly good (though way overpriced) rifle smelling like a$$.

Whoa - must know something we don’t

It's a shocking price tag - while I wish they were worth that (I have some of them) they just aren't. If you are rich though, and impatient, then you just throw money at the desire and get what you want. Unfortunately, what usually happens is you get taken to the cleaners, but people that buy from him are not our peers, they have nothing in common with collectors like us. We struggle to pay for the next rifle, sometimes we owe more people than we can pay, we sell stuff we wanted to keep to buy other things we want to keep. We treasure each purchase because it cost so much (not just money), we make friends who scout for us and pick for us. We hang out on forums, exchange info. Then dealers buy rifles at full retail using the info that we put in books, then relist them on their sites at double the price they paid.

You know what? We as collectors are the ones that pay the price, because we lose out on the opportunity to get something cool. That is why Bruce is upset, another rifle that could go to a real collector is going to a purchaser or accumulator (although I doubt this one will ever sell, at least if he holds true to his "no negotiation" tactic to sell it).

Mike, do us a favour and check the barrels of your examples for hidden Nazi gold, ‘cause clearly his $25,000 example is stuffed full of it.

Brandon

Mike, do us a favour and check the barrels of your examples for hidden Nazi gold, ‘cause clearly his $25,000 example is stuffed full of it.

Brandon

I already pulled the buttplates and looked for Nazi diamonds, none. I’ll sell one of mine for half his price if anyone is interested. Even the one with matching cleaning rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already pulled the buttplates and looked for Nazi diamonds, none. I’ll sell one of mine for half his price if anyone is interested. Even the one with matching cleaning rod.

Does it have enough war chicken stamps?

I doubt this thread would affect his selling or pricing decisions.

mdarnell19,

Do you remember that serial number for sure? There's not enough exposing for fakery in the Mosin collecting field, so this would be pretty important.
I'm 100% sure it's the same gun. It's not really "fakery" though, the rifle is legit but stock was cleaned (obviously so IMO) and the small import mark hammered down.

I'm 100% sure it's the same gun. It's not really "fakery" though, the rifle is legit but stock was cleaned (obviously so IMO) and the small import mark hammered down.

Since to many people a lack of import marks is a desirable feature, I would certainly consider the removal of one "fakery". Just my view on it though.

Those Russian Mosins selling at stupid prices is 3 guys with money having a pissing contest. If 2 of them are gone the prices plummet. No one else is going to pay what they do.

Edit: There is a 4th one paying stupid money for Mosins, but he can't hang with the other 3.

My suggestion with Pre98 and all dealers is for collectors to not sell to them. How many rifles has he bought from members here and jacked the price way up on?

Exorbitant Prices on Civil War firearms is partially what lead to their collapse. They became out of reach for the average collector driving them out of the hobby.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
mdarnell19,

Do you remember that serial number for sure? There's not enough exposing for fakery in the Mosin collecting field, so this would be pretty important.

Yes I remember it. I just posted a thread on gunboards about it. Let's see on they take it.

Those Russian Mosins selling at stupid prices is 3 guys with money having a pissing contest. If 2 of them are gone the prices plummet. No one else is going to pay what they do.

Edit: There is a 4th one paying stupid money for Mosins, but he can't hang with the other 3.

My suggestion with Pre98 and all dealers is for collectors to not sell to them. How many rifles has he bought from members here and jacked the price way up on?

Exorbitant Prices on Civil War firearms is partially what lead to their collapse. They became out of reach for the average collector driving them out of the hobby.

That’s an excellent point. I don’t care what he sells his junk for- that’s his business- no doubt he’s got some serious pigeons. He’s ferreting our from fellow collectors, no question.
We are pricing ourselves out of a hobby. It’s hard to get young collectors interested if they have to choose between a mortgage payment and an item of interest.

Yes I remember it. I just posted a thread on gunboards about it. Let's see on they take it.

The Power of the Grey Blanket influenced price. Looks like Yuri actually showed some restraint. Maybe someone told him the import Mark was scrubbed.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back