Third Party Press

Thread: Bf109 and Ju87 maintenance pictures

Default Bf109 and Ju87 maintenance pictures

Thought you guys would like to see these been buying alot of cool pictures lately and these have got to be some of my favorites. It's just really neat to see these old war birds being worked on. I think it's pretty cool showing how a broken or damaged Bf109 engine is changed out!

Anyway enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Some really awesome pics, Jordan! You must be scouring eBay and other places pretty good!

Nice job gathering them up!

Nice original photos. I especially like photo 6, they are all focused on that mg17.

Awesome Jordan! Man Iíd like to have one of those Junkers logo engine crates! Picture 4 is JG1

Very nice! The third from last photo looks to be an early model Ju-87 with that style of wheel spats.

Yeah, thatís a Ju-87A!

The pic with the Junkers engine crate that Clay mentioned is neat because only the early 109s had Jumo engines. The vast majority had some variant of Daimler-Benz engine.

I also love the pic of the damaged Ju-87B. Crunched nose cone, missing the right wheel spat and the left one has a nice hole in it. Im guessing the bottom engine and cooler sheet metal was damaged too and has already been removed. Def saw some intense action!

These are very cool pics Jordan! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsburg View Post
    Yeah, thatís a Ju-87A!

The pic with the Junkers engine crate that Clay mentioned is neat because only the early 109s had Jumo engines. The vast majority had some variant of Daimler-Benz engine.

I also love the pic of the damaged Ju-87B. Crunched nose cone, missing the right wheel spat and the left one has a nice hole in it. Im guessing the bottom engine and cooler sheet metal was damaged too and has already been removed. Def saw some intense action!

These are very cool pics Jordan! Thanks for sharing!

Looks like the prop got bent too after some contact with earth!

Maybe so! It def made contact with something! I bet that was a fun trip back. Lol! I was thinking some Ju-87s had wooden props but maybe that was earlier (or later!).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsburg View Post
    Maybe so! It def made contact with something! I bet that was a fun trip back. Lol! I was thinking some Ju-87s had wooden props but maybe that was earlier (or later!).

The early prototypes had a two blade wood prop and a twin rudder tail. Metal three blade was used for early models production. The Germans also used wooden blades again on multiple aircraft designs at some point during the war to help alleviate critical materials usage, so I think later models Ju-87 did again use a wooden blade!
    Attached Images Attached Images