Third Party Press

Bf109 and Ju87 maintenance pictures

Warrior1354

ax - hole
Thought you guys would like to see these been buying alot of cool pictures lately and these have got to be some of my favorites. It's just really neat to see these old war birds being worked on. I think it's pretty cool showing how a broken or damaged Bf109 engine is changed out!

Anyway enjoy!

Attachments

• Bf109 engine repair.jpeg
    Bf109 engine repair.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Bf109 engine repair #2.jpeg
    Bf109 engine repair #2.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Bf109 engine repair #3.jpeg
    Bf109 engine repair #3.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Bf109 Fighter.jpeg
    Bf109 Fighter.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Covered Bf109 fighter.jpeg
    Covered Bf109 fighter.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Bf109 checking machine guns.jpeg
    Bf109 checking machine guns.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Bf109 checking machine guns #2.jpeg
    Bf109 checking machine guns #2.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Bf109 bomb being loaded.jpeg
    Bf109 bomb being loaded.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Bf109 being refueled.jpeg
    Bf109 being refueled.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 102
  • Damaged Ju87.jpeg
    Damaged Ju87.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Ju87 being refueled.jpeg
    Ju87 being refueled.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 97
  • Ju87 on standby.jpeg
    Ju87 on standby.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Ju87 on train carts.jpeg
    Ju87 on train carts.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Ju87 ready for take off.jpeg
    Ju87 ready for take off.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 102
Some really awesome pics, Jordan! You must be scouring eBay and other places pretty good!

Nice job gathering them up!

Awesome Jordan! Man I’d like to have one of those Junkers logo engine crates! Picture 4 is JG1 :thumbsup:

Very nice! The third from last photo looks to be an early model Ju-87 with that style of wheel spats.

Yeah, that’s a Ju-87A!

The pic with the Junkers engine crate that Clay mentioned is neat because only the early 109s had Jumo engines. The vast majority had some variant of Daimler-Benz engine.

I also love the pic of the damaged Ju-87B. Crunched nose cone, missing the right wheel spat and the left one has a nice hole in it. Im guessing the bottom engine and cooler sheet metal was damaged too and has already been removed. Def saw some intense action!

These are very cool pics Jordan! Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, that’s a Ju-87A!

The pic with the Junkers engine crate that Clay mentioned is neat because only the early 109s had Jumo engines. The vast majority had some variant of Daimler-Benz engine.

I also love the pic of the damaged Ju-87B. Crunched nose cone, missing the right wheel spat and the left one has a nice hole in it. Im guessing the bottom engine and cooler sheet metal was damaged too and has already been removed. Def saw some intense action!

These are very cool pics Jordan! Thanks for sharing!

Looks like the prop got bent too after some contact with earth!

Maybe so! It def made contact with something! I bet that was a fun trip back. Lol! I was thinking some Ju-87s had wooden props but maybe that was earlier (or later!).

Maybe so! It def made contact with something! I bet that was a fun trip back. Lol! I was thinking some Ju-87s had wooden props but maybe that was earlier (or later!).

The early prototypes had a two blade wood prop and a twin rudder tail. Metal three blade was used for early models production. The Germans also used wooden blades again on multiple aircraft designs at some point during the war to help alleviate critical materials usage, so I think later models Ju-87 did again use a wooden blade!

Attachments

• Ju87-V1-Prototype-1935_2af-s.jpg
    Ju87-V1-Prototype-1935_2af-s.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 44

Military Rifle Journal
Back