Third Party Press

8mm ammo type

Kar43

Hey guys was wondering what if any surplus 8mm ammo to use other than Turkish ammo to use in g41. Or should I just stick with commercial PPU ammo and the like.

Any help on what y'all use would be great. I dont want to blow apart a g41. Thanks

Hey guys was wondering what if any surplus 8mm ammo to use other than Turkish ammo to use in g41. Or should I just stick with commercial PPU ammo and the like.

Any help on what y'all use would be great. I dont want to blow apart a g41. Thanks

I only use mild handloads,rifle is too expensive to try surplus.

Not sure how it is for a G41, but for G43s Romanian 8mm is apparently some of the best ammo you can use in it. If it were me I would handload low and work your way up until it cycles just enough to eject and load.

Last edited:
I would not use surplus in a G41 (or a G43). I’ve been running modern commercial PPU 196 gr SP through my G41 (ac43) and it cycles flawlessly with that ammunition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Yall, unfortunately I dont roll my own ammo so I will stick with ppu. I know the g41s are better built with milled parts as opposed to the g43 stamped parts. I thought maybe they could handle a hotter load but I'll stick with the ppu.

Thanks

if I had a G-41, I would not use any of the ammo suggested. I would clean it and put it in a bore store and close the safe door

I would not use surplus in a G41 (or a G43). I’ve been running modern commercial PPU 196 gr SP through my G41 (ac43) and it cycles flawlessly with that ammunition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it an all matching rifle, or a shooter? I agree with Sprat, don't shoot it. If you cannot control yourself and your going to shoot it I'll second what Joseph said. I've never had a problem with the PPU. It can be had for about $16-$17 for a box of 20.

You have to be careful with the surplus ammo most of it is corrosive and some of it was intended for the MG-34 and MG-42 and the load runs hot--very bad for a semi-auto... the G/41s and G/K43s already beat themselves to death if you don't have a shooters kit (in regards to the G/K43s).

Attachments

• PPU8mmMauser.JPG
    PPU8mmMauser.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 13

Military Rifle Journal
Back