Third Party Press
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on this Tr maked 41 crs with ss runes?

Default Thoughts on this Tr maked 41 crs with ss runes?

Hello,
    I aquired this in a trade and I don't know too much about it. Are the ss runes real? Also what does the TR mean? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tr. markings appear real. SS and blade etchings totally fake. End result is a desirable bayonet ruined, the set is worthless imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Is that some of that engraved / acid etched fantasy bayonet vandalism from the 70s? Of all the bayonets put there, barrels full of them, they choose to ruin a nice matching Tr? Good grief.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Well that stinks i kind of knew it wasn't ss it's a same it's a rare bayo

Well hey will hang it on the wall as a convo piece I don't have much into it life goes on

Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Is that some of that engraved / acid etched fantasy bayonet vandalism from the 70s? Of all the bayonets put there, barrels full of them, they choose to ruin a nice matching Tr? Good grief.
    Unfortunately so but in those days people were taking $5 or $10 blades and trying to sell them with enhance special markings for like $30.

Hell I was talking to a good friend of mine last week and he knew about a big fraud collector a long time ago. That guy would buy reproduction Civil War bayonets cheap and he planted them out in his backyard like rows of corn to age them. He also had loads of Spanish helmets thrown underneath his deck and he would leave those out there to age them as well. And then slap fake decals on them to make them look like Originals.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Very interesting as you usually don't find these fantasy engraved pieces with matching scabbards. And this one with a very high Tr number. Are both the bayonet and scabbard marked with 41crs .....?

Quote Originally Posted by Slash View Post
    Very interesting as you usually don't find these fantasy engraved pieces with matching scabbards. And this one with a very high Tr number. Are both the bayonet and scabbard marked with 41crs .....?

Sadly it is yes

I was also told it could of been pulled off the line in 1941 by the ss who maybe visited the factory and sent out and etched from there. I doubt anyone would of said no as the blade is new and the scabbard matches the blade. I find this unlikely but I guess could be possible but without documentation even if it did happen it's still a fake

The etching is 100% fantasy, nothing SS about this piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Quote Originally Posted by Srtjeeplover95 View Post
    I was also told it could of been pulled off the line in 1941 by the ss who maybe visited the factory and sent out and etched from there. I doubt anyone would of said no as the blade is new and the scabbard matches the blade. I find this unlikely but I guess could be possible but without documentation even if it did happen it's still a fake
    Was the dude who told you that named Shooter Ike?