Third Party Press

Thoughts on this Tr maked 41 crs with ss runes?

Same bayonet. Thought OP was gona keep it.
There used to be a short warning to ebay buyers about these bayonets. In it was a statement that all etched S84/98 III were fakes. The etching was post WWII done.

Last edited:
I believe Ebay has a group of SMEs ("Subject Matter Experts"), to which they refer questionable items/descriptions. If found out to be reproductions or fakes, don't think they can be listed under "original period items". The SME makes the call and item likely will have the listing cancelled until it's legitimacy or other, is established. All it takes is one or more Ebayers to report the item to usually set things in motion..

I was going to let this lie, but since the OP has popped back up on the radar in the Trader, I thought I'd point this out here...

After being told multiple times in this thread that this bayonet was 100% fake, it was listed on eBay here...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/K98-BAYONE...126085?hash=item365549ae45:g:dYQAAOSwsAddllRg

When I asked if he was still selling fakes on eBay, this is how he responded...

"Nope. I had some local experts that saw it in person tell me it looks legit. I sold it to the best of my knowledge"

Y'all can take it as you see fit, but my mind is made up...

Oh, Clay originally found the listing on eBay, and dropped it in this thread...

It was listed for $600 Buy it Now or Best Offer. The closed listing with a sold price of $600 indicates the purchaser exercised the BIN option.

Screen shots please, to upload and save to the thread which confirms evidence. Otherwise, in about 30 days all of this is unsupported words on a forum. We know it, but would anyone else? Farb got most of it, but if there is anything else, lets post it up.

TR41 fake auction.jpg

Last edited:
Well that stinks i kind of knew it wasn't ss it's a same it's a rare bayo

Well hey will hang it on the wall as a convo piece I don't have much into it life goes on

Thanks Guys :thumbsup:

Yeah it is a fake. Nice bayo ruined

And no it was not shooter Mike

You acknowledge it is a fake, and it is without a doubt a fake. Then you sell it on ebay advertised as an original? This is unacceptable. It is called fraud.

TR41 fake auction.jpg

Memorialization:
Ebay Tr "SS engraved" humper:
s-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpg

Same bayonet from this thread:
IMG_20190822_182753006.jpgIMG_20190822_182800172.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190822_182753006.jpg
    IMG_20190822_182753006.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Gentleman. My apologies... I just have seen many of th we to for sale by many online sites that claim them as original and period correct... Sorry about that a million times over. going to work it out on the buyer. I will send them their money back. Reguardless As it any of you bought a gun or bought anything at all from me you know I'm good for it. I did a quick listing I did get it from a forum member that is active on the forum. He told me it was legit...

My apologies

..I did get it from a forum member that is active on the forum. He told me it was legit...

I am neither expecting or asking you to out this person but if you mean THIS forum that is also disturbing. Gunboards, yeah probably. Facebook nearly 100%. They probably think the toilet paper, Christmas ornaments and Hitlers shitty drawers are all real too.

Yes it was from someone on this forum. The sale was thru a outside source via text message

The same guy I also did a trade for in the begining of the year. We swapped k43s

My gun didn't have a buttplate as I needed one. I sent him 200 for his to get with the gun we traded as mine didn't have one. I never received it.

Another thing I bought a unifrom from this same guy that was posted on the forum. Never recieved it.

Got this bayonet from the person as well.

I contacted him the other day for my money back and he has been having hardships... So that's not happening anytime soon

He knows one of the admins SO I THOUGHT ALL OF HIS THINGS WHERE LEGIT must have a safe sheild or something.

Yes I know I mis represented the bayonet online. Got it from a member on here so I assumed it was a good piece. I am contacting the seller trying to give them the cash back

I sold tons of stuff to memembers on here. And you guys really think I will ruin my reputation for 500 bucks you are crazy.

Yes it was from someone on this forum. The sale was thru a outside source via text message

The same guy I also did a trade for in the begining of the year. We swapped k43s

My gun didn't have a buttplate as I needed one. I sent him 200 for his to get with the gun we traded as mine didn't have one. I never received it.

Another thing I bought a unifrom from this same guy that was posted on the forum. Never recieved it.

Got this bayonet from the person as well.

I contacted him the other day for my money back and he has been having hardships... So that's not happening anytime soon

He knows one of the admins SO I THOUGHT ALL OF HIS THINGS WHERE LEGIT must have a safe sheild or something.

Yes I know I mis represented the bayonet online. Got it from a member on here so I assumed it was a good piece. I am contacting the seller trying to give them the cash back

I sold tons of stuff to memembers on here. And you guys really think I will ruin my reputation for 500 bucks you are crazy.

First of all, if this is true, it is very disturbing, and I think the culprit should be outed. This is not behavior that would be tolerated by people here. I can't think of a single regular here that would consider stiffing people on agreed upon and paid for items, or allowing it to go unspoken on.

This forum is much more than an internet forum for most of us, it is a gathering of friends and liked minded people. Guys here regularly go out of their way to give other friends the shirts off their backs if need be. We freely share information, and help each other out. What you described DOES NOT sound like the actions of any of the guys here, so I think at the very least it should be discussed with the moderator who supposedly knows this person, and if warranted the person to be outed.

Secondly...your apology and explanation reeks of disingenuousness. It is obvious you were informed my numerous people here that the blade in question was a complete fake, yet afterwards you still put it on eBay saying it was real. Your story is you had it looked at by some "local experts" who said it was good, so bob's your uncle, its good, and on eBay it goes...

As Hambone pointed out, and quoted so there is no mistake, you acknowledged right here in this thread that the blade was bogus, and after that you listed it on eBay as real. So it sounds like the whole "I got it from a member here so I thought it was good" line sounds like backpedaling after the fact.

This is why guys are wary of newbs, and this whole episode is definitely not something that happens here, and, speaking for myself, something I'd rather not see. I think this board and its members are proud and happy with what has been done here, with no WAFtardness, and no Gunboards BS. We police our own pretty hard to prevent this crap from getting out of hand.

And one thing for sure, in this board, memories are LONG! Very little gets by the membership here....

Post the name of the guy you got it from, I doubt he is a respected member here. Is it that Aeropro dude? I’d like to know which mod he knows, he’s a newer member- if he pawned that off on you he needs to refund your money on it.

Name names, that’s what we need. He’ll be banned from the trader too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He TOLD you he knew me. He does not, beyond exchanging a PM on something irrelevant over the malfunction you two were engaged in. I told you this when you called me. We discussed that and I told you that if in fact he told you that he was fabricating a connection to me to gain your trust. I have no connection to this person other than perhaps a PM complaint of some kind in trying to sort you two out. You can post his name here. Just because someone has joined here does not make them "bonafide." We don't pre-screen, but we do flush problems.

Last edited:
Post the name of the guy you got it from, I doubt he is a respected member here. Is it that Aeropro dude? I’d like to know which mod he knows, he’s a newer member- if he pawned that off on you he needs to refund your money on it.

Name names, that’s what we need. He’ll be banned from the trader too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Identify him and both of you please publicly explain what connection I have to either of you, other than trying to sort out your transaction issues with each other via PM. Neither of you is an established member here. Neither of you has any connection to me beyond your PM dispute and me attempting in good faith to help mediate it between you. Yet both of you bring this drama and bullshit here and pull me into it, dropping my name all about. Now he allegedly stiffed you and you listed a bayonet for sale as original that everyone here told you was fake. We don't want such drama and shite on our trader. After both of you publicly explain my connection to either of you, we'll let the forum decide whether none, one, or both of you get banned. Both of you certainly have lost your trader privileges unless another mod here steps in on your behalf.

I think what is really sad is the more this guy tries to justify his actions. The more it makes him look bad. I mean come on this bayonet was outed by many members here being fake but you listed it on eBay anyway because someone here said it was good? I'll be honest if someone hadn't found your eBay sale would you have been trying to defend yourself as much? And you ask is your reputation worth $500 or $600? I've seen people sell out their reputation for far less. Anyway it all stinks to me.

Military Rifle Journal
Back