Third Party Press

Added a P38 pistol to german stuff

luigi

I finally found a Walther AC42 P38 pistol to add to my german stuff. I like to collect & shoot ALL different countries but always wanted a WW2 P38. I am amazed as how well it "feels" in your hand and seem very similar in design to my Beretta 92FS. Reloaded some "light" 9mm loads as not to stress the slide.
Here is attached pic with my BCD 41 rifle and my "shooter" 1908? DWM 9mm luger. This is all the "germans" that I have. I have a frog ordered for the 1943 bayonet.

Attachments

• IMG-0970.jpg
    IMG-0970.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 74
Nice group! Yeah, P-38's are addicting, they have plenty of variations and widely available for not stupid prices often, so are a good collecting realm to get into...

Now you need a byf and a cyq!

Like to see close ups when possible.
On shooting the Luger's and P-38's, frames have been known to crack, totally destroying any value of the gun. The problem is that most of the modern 9MM has a higher pressure thus, more recoil and stress on metals.

Like to see close ups when possible.
On shooting the Luger's and P-38's, frames have been known to crack, totally destroying any value of the gun. The problem is that most of the modern 9MM has a higher pressure thus, more recoil and stress on metals.

Moosedog,

That one of the advantages of reloading. I have made up 9mm "light" loads for the luger and P38. I understand your point and I don't want to risk any damage.
I have also done some light loads for my Webley.

Last edited:
Nice group! Yeah, P-38's are addicting, they have plenty of variations and widely available for not stupid prices often, so are a good collecting realm to get into...

Now you need a byf and a cyq!

LOL I wish. I am retired now so my buying power has been extremely diminished.

ac 42's go for a good buck these days, except for shot and scratched one's which do not go for a good buck

nice pistol.

for the range I bought a beater in the early 80's ( rusty & pitted) its my range gun I would never shoot my collectible P-38's regardless, even if its reduced loads.

as noted in the above post

Here are some closer pics

The Luger is a parts gun for shooting. The frame is a Bulgarian contact pistol with mixed part numbers.

The P38 is also a parts gun for shooting. It is all matching Walther ,.....except the barrel is a Spreewerk.

Attachments

• IMG-0971.jpg
    IMG-0971.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-0972.jpg
    IMG-0972.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-0973.jpg
    IMG-0973.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-0974.jpg
    IMG-0974.jpg