Third Party Press

Thread: MP40 Loader Pricing

I buy capture paper guns ugafx4's Avatar

Default MP40 Loader Pricing

Have an opportunity to purchase a GHN 40 mp40 loader. Can anyone offer an opinion on pricing? I can not locate any sales online. Thanks!

Send pics first, you can email me Uga. This code / maker is repro’d I believe. In answer to your question, a nice one with original finish is about $100-175.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Here is a photo, since there is not that much info out there, hopefully someone will see this and learn something.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I got it for a very fair price so I went ahead and purchased it. Here are some more photos of it! I have 3 40 dated magazines so this loader really fits in well!

Dangit, pics flipped and I can not unflip them. Sorry!

Good buy! Looks good to me.
    WTB: Mp44/STG44 related items

That’s definitely a cool set there Ty! I really like the more obscure items like this and tools and such, don’t have much though.

Ty, that loader is original in my opinion. Well done
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Right, that's an original. I have one that looks just like it but it's a repro and doesn't fit original magazines worth a crap. I'll dig it out and post pics here for comparison. Besides quality, the only way to tell is the WaA stamp, which is not accurate. Fortunately I paid very little for it.
    Wanted: K98 Dou-42 bolt 5235b, and Port. bayonet G19383

Quote Originally Posted by tsmgguy View Post
    Right, that's an original. I have one that looks just like it but it's a repro and doesn't fit original magazines worth a crap. I'll dig it out and post pics here for comparison. Besides quality, the only way to tell is the WaA stamp, which is not accurate. Fortunately I paid very little for it.
    Thanks TSMG. Please do post it for side by side.

Here's what I believe to be a repro ghn 40 MP40 mag loader, along with one of the pics of an original from above. The repro will seat on a selection of original mags only with difficulty. It will not lock into place. The plunger cannot be actuated because it binds on the back of the mag. Besides looking cheap and poorly made, I believe the chief differences are in the crudely set rivets and the poorly defined eagle on the WaA stamp. Looks like the eagle was roll marked with the rest of the data, rather than being stamped separately by an inspector as was originally done. The finish of the body is blued, but it looks rough rather than smooth.
    Last edited by tsmgguy; 09-02-2019 at 12:25 PM.
    Wanted: K98 Dou-42 bolt 5235b, and Port. bayonet G19383