Attachments

• IMG_1205.jpg
    IMG_1205.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1207.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It appears the extractor has been renumbered, but I did not know if this, in itself, invalidates anything else.
It appears the front sight is also stamped over.

f letter block font on the bolt is different than the receiver and barrel but that could be normal not sure.

The price seems a couple thousand high.

Based on last couple threads I wouldn't buy anything from there. Others who know a lot more than I, I am sure can tell you more and whether the over stamping is normal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The extractor has definitely been over-stamped. I'm a little uncomfortable with that is I don't think MO as a factory piece would have handled it like that. That is a part which, along with the firing pin, ejector, and safety, would break. I like the rifle overall. At that price I would want an in hand. However, barring any touch up, refinishing and such, I like what I see pending an in hand in sunlight. I think you would value it with the understanding that the extractor had probably been replaced. It doesn't look like a corrected "factory error" from what I see.

I’m sorry, but you can’t ignore the source of collectible rifles like this. I see pitting under blue on the gas shield myself. I suspect some restoration at best- rust blue is harder to detect. In this case in hand in bright light might show the refinishing. I’d check the trigger guard and floor plate. But it’s your money, not ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sorry, but you can’t ignore the source of collectible rifles like this. I see pitting under blue on the gas shield myself. I suspect some restoration at best- rust blue is harder to detect. In this case in hand in bright light might show the refinishing. I’d check the trigger guard and floor plate. But it’s your money, not ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hence the reason for a view in sunlight. I have problems with that as well. I would not contemplate a purchase without an inspection period for that reason. What do you think of the extractor. I mean, you and Bruce "wrote the book" on this :thumbsup: I have a problem with a complete overstamp like this. Then again, a humper could have polished that out more.

Another problem,my G date g suffix [later than f] has all 4 action screws with proof mark.

P1080211.jpgP1080222.jpg

Last edited:
Another problem,my G date g suffix [later than f] has all 4 action screws with proof mark.

View attachment 214109View attachment 214110

I was curious about that myself. Seems the S/42/K screws are marked and later S/42/G screws are marked. Yet there is a S/42/G e block in the reference section and Vol 1 (same rifle) where the screws are not marked. Why would they suddenly stop marking the screws only to start marking them again? Are both with the unmarked screws correct or both incorrect?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So now the the trigger guard screws are not matching up with known examples, the extractor has been renumbered to match, and there's some issues with the bluing in some areas. I don't know $6,500 is a lot of money for a rifle that's now starting to show issues and problems.

I have a feeling those original screws were replaced a long time ago and then renumbered to match. It could have been done during the war time period. Or could have been done in the past couple years by somebody trying to restore rifle.

So now the the trigger guard screws are not matching up with known examples, the extractor has been renumbered to match, and there's some issues with the bluing in some areas. I don't know $6,500 is a lot of money for a rifle that's now starting to show issues and problems.

I have a feeling those original screws were replaced a long time ago and then renumbered to match. It could have been done during the war time period. Or could have been done in the past couple years by somebody trying to restore rifle.

All you have to do is look at the seller, and the plethora of humped rifles posted here, and it opens a lot of questions...for that kind of money, I would expect a NO questions rifle...

All you have to do is look at the seller, and the plethora of humped rifles posted here, and it opens a lot of questions...for that kind of money, I would expect a NO questions rifle...
I agree with both you and Warrior. I was looking for his return policy and I couldn't find anything stated. For that kind of money I would be returning and expecting that the seller would cover shipping both ways, since it is stated Seller is an expert with 28 years experience and they guarantee authenticity.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Does anyone else have a S/42 G a-f block? How are the trigger guard screws and lock Screws marked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back