Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mg42/m53 clone

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sprat View Post
    ..he was a fellow guild member
    I thought the name looked familiar. That site had a ton of interesting builds and some amazing metalwork. This particular weapon had a lot of misinformation out there for sure.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

It looks good. I built a copy of the BRP semi42 right after their atf approved design was released for sale. I used a demilled 42 dated 4 torch cut receiver and built it in 8mm. I had problems with it, most of which had to do with their firing pin design. They came out with what their website describes as a second pattern semi auto bolt that I bought and once fitted to my gun has run flawlessly.

I just finished putting this one together,

Haven't gotten the chance to shoot it yet and have a 7.62 conversion ready for it also. I used BRP Semi components (denial block, bolt conversion and AR trigger housing block).
    Attached Images Attached Images

The front end on yours looks a little funny to me, is that a standard m53 or did you change it to a mg3 front end?
    Regardless good work! Where did you get your kit bc wow who ever demilled that looks like they gave you an easier reweld vs my diagonal cuts I had all over the place.

Not an MG3 or M53,

It was an original MG42, early saw cut kit. I appreciate the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by WpnsMan View Post
    Not an MG3 or M53,

That would explain it, very nice find and great work on bringing some life back into her.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WpnsMan View Post
    Not an MG3 or M53,

Yes it looks like it was a really nice kit AND a great job putting it back. I'll guess you have 'some' welding experience?
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"