Third Party Press

Why do people think Mkb42 marked mags are rare?

mostpeople

They are all over the place, I own two myself. I see people charging thousands for them though like they are gold. Is it because Mkb42’s themselves are rare?

If you have a MP43, MP44, StG44, etc. you would not feel bad when putting a MKb42 marked magazine into it. It would be OK. But if you have a MKb42, you would not want a MP44 marked magazine for it - you would want the "correctly designated" MKb42 marked magazine - right?

I traded an Mkb42 mag on this forum within the last couple years. Swap for an mp44 mag plus $100 it seems? Maybe$200

yes they are common except they want to much for them and standard M-43/44 mags. Anymore now I see RARE, when in fact they are common items, but you have guys who are not as astute. example: like me with trains, when my old engine died, I went to he next train show and replace it with a original model, I did not bat a eye to get a replacement engine.
guess there are guys out their like that in our hobby.

the people you need to thank are the fools who paid over $ 300 a mag, then more fools who bought mags for over $ 400 as the neckbeards kept raising the prices.

Them's ain't silver rings, them's is washers!

Sold one of my late-war kits to a California collector with at least 25 kits, and a good deal more in spare parts - his nest egg.
Quite a few collectors I know have stock piled MP44 items to lesser or larger degrees.

Still they are cool-guns/platforms to collect and the mags are the entry level item for most burgeoning MP44 collections.
Sellers are going to try to obtain the highest price they can, will be interesting to watch those auctions.

Military Rifle Journal
Back