Third Party Press
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rco44 Cleaning Kit

Default rco44 Cleaning Kit

rco44 ordnance Tan Cleaning Kit... The spoon/floorplate removal/chamber cleaning tool is bnz marked and proofed WaA815...BILL
    Attached Images Attached Images

None finer and more complete that I've ever seen, with a dachsund background as bonus ;). Pic stickied. Thanks Bill.

Sorry, but I have some concerns about:
    1) dog chain style cleaning chain (probably post war East German)
    2) oiler (post war plastic!?) ("rco44" and "rco45" usually come with pressed steel oilers)
    3) markings on Hülsenkopfwischer (never ever seen something like that!) and shape.
    Where did you get it from? Looks like a fake! Sorry!
    Wolfgang
    Last edited by Amberg; 11-29-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Wolfgang, have you ever seen an e/815 component for a cleaning kit? This would most likely be attributable to Steyr Graz, and they made a lot of stamped parts, but I have never seen this waffenamt on such a tool before either? Have you ever seen any e/815 part on an RG34 - anything?

The waffenamt compares well with their early products (it is a good copy of how an original appears, right eagle, letter-number fonts), but I have not seen it on other than MG accessories, mostly MP40 mags & loaders, MG34 bipods etc... my main interest is that BerndN once stated he saw a cleaning kit case marked e/815, but when we discussed this before it was somewhat discounted.

I am very interested to hear your opinion on this, Steyr Graz involvement in anything cleaning kit related, as I know it is one of your primary fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberg View Post
    Sorry, but I have some concerns about:
    1) dog chain style cleaning chain (probably post war East German)
    2) oiler (post war plastic!?)
    3) markings on Hülsenkopfwischer (never ever seen something like that!) and shape.
    Wolfgang

Have never ever seen any RG34 related parts with real bnz or e/815 stamp.
    Wolfgang
    PS:
    the following makers for RG34 are known:
    G.Appel with codes 64, cnx and probably CNX for the 1945 completed Mundlos kits
    Braunscheigische Blechwarenfabrik with codes: kh, ky, arr, rco
    HAWIG with code: cmr
    Mundlos with code: ab and CNX (see G.Appel)
    Schlesinger with code. ftd
    unknown with code: rbl
    some chains and bakelite oilers were made by subcontractors. But nothing close to Steyr.
    Last edited by Amberg; 11-29-2011 at 06:25 PM.

If I didnt know any better i'd say that was my doxie. Oh nice cleaning kit to. I like the late war ones.

Thanks, I thought that was probably your conclusion, - just goes to show nothing is safe from stamps, not even components for the RG34! Shouldn't surprise me though as I have seen them stamp stripper clips and recently a single rune P08 tool. These days the stamps are getting quite good, and can fool anyone...

Keep an eye for e/815 & e/189 components over there, looking for any component or any item.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberg View Post
    Have never ever seen any RG34 related parts with real bnz or e/815 stamp.
    Wolfgang
    PS:
    the following makers for RG34 are known:
    G.Appel with codes 64, cnx and probably CNX for the 1945 completed Mundlos kits
    Braunscheigische Blechwarenfabrik with codes: kh, ky, arr, rco
    HAWIG with code: cmr
    Mundlos with code: ab and CNX (see G.Appel)
    Schlesinger with code. ftd
    unknown with code: rbl
    some chains and bakelite oilers were made by subcontractors. But nothing close to Steyr.

Paul, the mags, stamped floorplates and followers of 98E and kur (Steyr) marked MP.40 mags are WaA815 inspected, as are the kur stamped loading tools for the MP.40. Any Steyr maker of these parts would be naturally prone to stamping Rg.34 tools IMHO.

That 815 inspection shows up on alot of stamped metal things associated with Steyr:
    http://claus.espeholt.dk/mediearkiv/waae.pdf

Guys,

I once owned a Hülsenkopfwischer marked with the bnz shield. I gave it to a member here a looooooooooooong time ago- Sarge. I bet he still has it. I can't remember if it had a waffenamt, but i know it was bnz marked, and it was real. I'll see if I can't get him to post it.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

I could take all day detailing errors and correcting how that list was compiled (just starting with waffenamt "1" and how it is outlined tells you all you need to know... it was never associated any firm outside of Chemnitz, and his report is full of such poor associations connecting components to assemblers), but nothing on that list is new (re- the post I made on the MG forum details Graz known production- http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....4963#post24963) except the cleaning kits. Which Wolfgang and I have discussed before, on this forum sometime ago:

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....0389#post10389

I asked him about Steyr Graz involvement, and the unsubstantiated reports of cans and parts, because Wolfgang knows more about the RG-34 than anyone I know, and was curious if his opinion had changed. I agree with him, the tool is very likely not authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Paul, the mags, stamped floorplates and followers of 98E and kur (Steyr) marked MP.40 mags are WaA815 inspected, as are the kur stamped loading tools for the MP.40. Any Steyr maker of these parts would be naturally prone to stamping Rg.34 tools IMHO.

That 815 inspection shows up on alot of stamped metal things associated with Steyr:
    http://claus.espeholt.dk/mediearkiv/waae.pdf