Third Party Press
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: G43 ac43

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    I would be interested to see what your findings are Tiger. By the way a good friend of mine just sold a Panel cut G/K43 ac43 I believe a few months ago. That rifle was nice and untouched too. He offered it to another friend out of Kentucky for like $3700 he took a pass on it. He said alright and put it on his table for like $4800. A gentleman walked by about 20 minutes later and bought the rifle.
    Untouched ones will absolutely sell very quickly. It’s truly a seller’s market for totally correct ones. Neat story too! Wish I had the numbers for my listings. Good ones like that rarely leave collector’s circles though, and sometimes one escapes out to be had by a different collector circle.

I was having a hard time thinking what a G.43 ac43 would go for untouched. Well, we know at least $4,800.00 it sounds like. I was thinking a little higher though.
    Last edited by Tiger 2 Tank; 09-05-2019 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 2 Tank View Post
    Untouched ones will absolutely sell very quickly. Itís truly a sellerís market for totally correct ones. Neat story too! Wish I had the numbers for my listings. Good ones like that rarely leave collectorís circles though, and sometimes one escapes out to be had by a different collector circle.

I was having a hard time thinking what a G.43 ac43 would go for untouched. Well, we know at least $4,800.00 it sounds like. I was thinking a little higher though.
    The fellow who bought it probably thought $4800 was a good price for a top collector grade G43 ac43.

I would certainly place a premium on an AC43, it is not an easy code to source and at the end of the day there is a big difference in the price I would like to pay and what I will actually pay. Without great luck, the days of complete MM Shooters for $1500 is truly gone. Even all the parts off a rifle can fetch 2-3k easily.

Good example was this weekends gun show. Gentlemen came in trying to sell a sporterized SMLE and a refurbished G24t (in VZ24 trim). The last potential buyer wouldn’t even offer him a dollar on the SMLE and only $250 on the VZ. I was thinking on a price when he pulled out an 1866 dated Factory Engraved Colt M1849. The grips had been replaced but still a very nice gun. The seller quickly said “would all three of my pieces be worth $700? I like your Bushmaster on the table”. The deal was quickly made and the VZ fetched $700 by the end of Show, which covered my own loss on the trade.

Long story short, deals are still to be had but people will pay good money for a scarce/rare variation of a rifle even if not 100% correct as seen in the VZ (G24t) sale.
    Attached Images Attached Images

wtf is up with all the roller coaster prices one sold duv not-matching for $2800!

I paid $2500 for my matching (but slightly sanded stock) duv 44 that I posted not long ago. The seller also included a buttstock manual though which from my understanding can go for $300-$400 by itself. Plus it has an original sling with it. Would you guys say I did well? In my opinion, I think so. Here is the link to my original post.

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....ed-duv-44-G-43

You did very well. good show. Hood is G43 as well

Quote Originally Posted by armenjs View Post
    You did very well. good show. Hood is G43 as well
    Haha, good. And yes, I was happy that the hood is original too :-)

Prices are all over the map and always have been on the G/K43. People seem to find nice closet finds for as little as $1500 where at the same time people pay up to $3500 for MM shooters.

I think a matching rifle can realistically fetch $3-6k depending on code, sanding,
    condition etc.

Most in my collection I paid ~$2.5-3.5k

I still regret not purchasing one on the old g43 forum for $4k - attic find in bring back box with capture papers and packing wood chips etc. I simply didnít have the cash at the time.