Third Party Press
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1939 27 Luftwaffe Contract

Default 1939 27 Luftwaffe Contract

Well here is another fine K98k rifle from that trade deal I was working on. Been wanting to add a nice Erma made K98k for years to go with my Feima collection. And this one surely fits the bill I really do like this one. This one is all matching the only thing that is mismatched is the cleaning rod which is off by one number, not a big deal to me. It does fall into the K block which is getting close to the cut off of the 1939 Erma made production rifles which ended into the n block. From the vol II book it says Erma made around 133,000 rifles that year but in five years of searching for a nice Erma made 1939 rifle I have seen very few that were worth buying.

What's even better is this rifle is also a Luftwaffe Contract rifle too which is another big plus. I also wanted to add it has some interesting features for one I like the asterisk marked bayonet lug. That part must have failed inspection or was rejected, then it was later used. From a parts stand point I did find a e280 marked magazine follower spring thought that was a cool little feature. And the best was someone's initials that were marked on the stock behind the buttplate thought that was pretty cool. I'll be honest it goes great with the AX collection which I have three of those now! And truth be told I think this K98k rifle looks pretty good for being 80 years old now!

My current AX collection rifles:

AX 1940
    AX 1941
    AX 1941 Luftwaffe contract

Enjoy the pictures guys there will be alot!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Bolt components and Rear Sight:

Stock and Stock Components:

Trigger guard and last of the pictures:

That’s a beauty Jordan, congrats!

Great piece Jordan, and a very difficult to find code and date. What's really cool is that it looks like the finished stock was put into production 6 days before it came out the other end as a full rifle, with the name of the fellow who inspected the finished stock. Great work on the pics too. Excellent, congrats, pic stickied for ref.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Great piece Jordan, and a very difficult to find code and date. What's really cool is that it looks like the finished stock was put into production 6 days before it came out the other end as a full rifle, with the name of the fellow who inspected the finished stock. Great work on the pics too. Excellent, congrats, pic stickied for ref.
    Your very welcome happy to add a nice rifle to the picture reference. You just don't find nice Erma made K98k rifles to often. But what I do like about Erma is they made almost every part for their rifles. And I do like their quality, plus their connection to the old Erfurt State Arsenal.

And I'm sure Stephan will like those stock pictures I know he has been doing alot of research on stock codes lately. Happy to help in his efforts.

Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar

Nice rifle Jordan. I'd really like to find a byf41 Luft rifle. Thanks for sharing.

Darn nice rifle Jordan! Congrats buddy!