Third Party Press

ZF 4 scope and mount, fair price?

I assume repro mount. I think the current market for an original zf4 on a repro mount with no added goodies like the leather scope caps is closer to $500-750.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likely that seems reasonable.

If the scope is an original WWII DDX and relatively clear it is worth about ~ $400-600 USD. Reproduction mounts are worth about $150 USD.

However, if the scope is non-functional or foggy it would be worth significantly less and the same goes if the scope is a reproduction.

Original bases go $1000 USD + any day of the week, so it is really hard to say without pictures.

The above quotes are not hard prices, with any type of collectible, prices seem to jump all over the map, the above rough quotes are realistic averages IMHO.

Yes, it is a repro mount. It looked original in the photos, but it is just a good repro. So even with a repro mount, 825 seems high?

Higher end of the price for sure but not totally out of whack. You can get one cheaper with patience.

Really easy to source a repro mount. I would almost wait and get an original mount or Czech military. I bought reproduction mounts originally but eventually phased them all out. Decent place holders but they are never fully correct.

As for price as long as you don’t seriously overpay you will do fine. As a good friend says “you never pay too much for milsup but you may be paying too soon”.

Military Rifle Journal
Back