Third Party Press

Value of post war East German Refurbs

Hi, anyone have any idea what East German refurbished k98s are going for these days? The original rifle was a 1939 147 marked Sauer. All parts match, and the rifle looks to be in excellent shape. Google has not turned up much info on these so far as I can tell. Haven't seen any listed for sale or recently sold either.

Haven't seen one sell in a while. Maybe $900 +/- ? Some more special codes sell for more, like bcd45 marked or tgf.

as noted depends on lots of factors

yeh $ 700 -1,000 depending again on how its marked , the barreled receiver must be removed from the stock. Check under the barrel where it meets the receiver. if so it will be suhl house proofed

Is it marked?????????? if so how, the serial number should be stamped on the stock and if flat buttplate, the serial number will be there, butt plates will be blued

TGF 1950 rifles are not east german refurb, but czech made rifles sold to the East Germans and many other nations, but where used by east germans ( same with CZ P-38's sold to east germany and many others) starting over the 1k suggested price, mis match tgf's run about $700

lots of variations I would need pictures and good ones at that,

lots of crap has happened to these rifles to make them appear as something else or junk rifles made out to be East German to raise the price. east german lugers are a fine example as were/ are EG Holsters for P-38' & lugers,

when a LARGE shipment of east german firearms came in, Sarco had K-98's and g/k-43's on the shelf. I knew smitty real good in those day's, SARCO days circa 1993-5 smitty let me behind the counter to look them all over man was that was education day for a east german firearms collector, they had to have been 30-40 rifles on the shelf

good luck

Military Rifle Journal
Back