Third Party Press

Thread: Fake Soldbuch

Default Fake Soldbuch

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F312752665132

Wanted to post this ongoing auction. If you plan on buying a Soldbuch, do some basic research. I spotted this as a Reenactor Soldbuch just from the writing, but a quick way to weed out hastily done fakes is to check the Feldpost Nummer stamps against the unit it’s supposed to represent. This one has FP Nr 56509 - which is:

(?) SS-Kriegsberichter-Kompanie
    SS-Panzergrenadier-Division(LSSAH.),
    (8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 3.2.1944 Kriegsberichter-Kompanie 1.
    SS-Division.

Google it. Many fakes are an original Soldbuch that is enhanced as Peter says, but these reenactor books are really easy to spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Wow, $133.50 for a reenactor Soldbuch, you can buy an entry level one for less then $100 and that is an original piece.

It was an “estate found soldbuch.” I reckon a reenactor died
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

Or a phoney Großdeutschland vet....

State side fakery!

Dead giveaway on page 5: Straße, Haus-Nr. (translated: Street, House No.) 22 Linden Str.
    In German, the house no. is always written following the street name, not preceding the street name as done in the U.S.
    Also, it is very unusual in the German language for streets named after trees (Linden is plural and means lime trees) to spell the name in two words. Hence the correct way for the Soldbuch entry would have been "Lindenstr. 22"

A not so clever fake by someone entirely unfamiliar with German orthography.

Ha! Well played sir.

If I post a link to an ongoing auction, it gets deleted real fast. What's the policy again, folks?
    Wanted: K98 Dou-42 bolt 5235b, and Port. bayonet G19383

Quote Originally Posted by tsmgguy View Post
    If I post a link to an ongoing auction, it gets deleted real fast. What's the policy again, folks?
    That you can post links to ongoing auctions only if you are calling out a humper or fake. However, if you call something out as a fake and it's not, then you get an avatar of a butthole or something really terrible for as long a time as merited by the gravity of the incorrectness, which is purely arbitrary (and capricious, hopefully).
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

...which is purely arbitrary (and capricious, hopefully).
    Certainly! The ballsack avatar was hilarious.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"