Third Party Press

Fake Soldbuch

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/312752665132

Wanted to post this ongoing auction. If you plan on buying a Soldbuch, do some basic research. I spotted this as a Reenactor Soldbuch just from the writing, but a quick way to weed out hastily done fakes is to check the Feldpost Nummer stamps against the unit it’s supposed to represent. This one has FP Nr 56509 - which is:

(?) SS-Kriegsberichter-Kompanie
SS-Panzergrenadier-Division(LSSAH.),
(8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 3.2.1944 Kriegsberichter-Kompanie 1.
SS-Division.

Google it. Many fakes are an original Soldbuch that is enhanced as Peter says, but these reenactor books are really easy to spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, $133.50 for a reenactor Soldbuch, you can buy an entry level one for less then $100 and that is an original piece.

State side fakery!

Dead giveaway on page 5: Straße, Haus-Nr. (translated: Street, House No.) 22 Linden Str.
In German, the house no. is always written following the street name, not preceding the street name as done in the U.S.
Also, it is very unusual in the German language for streets named after trees (Linden is plural and means lime trees) to spell the name in two words. Hence the correct way for the Soldbuch entry would have been "Lindenstr. 22"

A not so clever fake by someone entirely unfamiliar with German orthography.

If I post a link to an ongoing auction, it gets deleted real fast. What's the policy again, folks?

If I post a link to an ongoing auction, it gets deleted real fast. What's the policy again, folks?

That you can post links to ongoing auctions only if you are calling out a humper or fake. However, if you call something out as a fake and it's not, then you get an avatar of a butthole or something really terrible for as long a time as merited by the gravity of the incorrectness, which is purely arbitrary (and capricious, hopefully). :thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back