Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS Marked S/27

Default SS Marked S/27

Hello,

I beleive I have discovered an SS Re-Worked ERMA rifle and I thought I would get some opinions on it.

Thanks!
    Brandon

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

So far so good in my opinion
    Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose. - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

I think so as well I would like to see some closer pictures of the bolt numbers though if you're able but it does look like it has a lot of promise.

What are they asking for it by the way?
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Nice! Any stamps or numbers on the stock?

Unfortunatly I missed out on the rifle! I couldn't see any marks on the stock though

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Ill disagree, bolt is fake even from these photos. I suspect floorplate is fake too, better pics would confirm. Id bet the whole rifle is built from a legit bbl added to the receiver, or a Russian capture rebuilt. It would take much better photos to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    Ill disagree, bolt is fake even from these photos. I suspect floorplate is fake too, better pics would confirm. Id bet the whole rifle is built from a legit bbl added to the receiver, or a Russian capture rebuilt. It would take much better photos to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you prove that the SS didn't do it Mr. Bookman?
    Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose. - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Default Sszza4

This one was owned by Slowburn, believe he had stated he felt it had issues as well.

Brandon

Let me elaborate. The font on the bolt is wrong, and the gas shield shouldn't have 4 digits. It also just "looks" wrong, something you get from seeing a lot of these as I have. The number on the floorplate looks wrong as well, but further than that the electro-etch used was very fragile, when an original gets some patina the number can totally disappear. If an original had that much patina on the floorplate that number would be gone, yet it is very bold. This barreled receiver is a possible combination, but it's odd that the Erma firing proof seems to be ground, but there is a serial number (which is not typical of other SSZZA4 reworked rifles). Most likely it was removed when it was reworked, but the serial added to the receiver is typical of those added upon importation into the US. If it was done at rework, the font would match the barrel. Also, bands should only have 2 digits, and they are also the wrong font.

These reworked SSZZA4 rifles are not common, but follow patterns. Attached is an S/147 reworked RC. Note - serial ground on receiver, but firing proof left intact. Other reworked VZ24 rifles have the same treatment - the only SSZZA4 rifles that retain the original serial are the first reworks from existing rifles, but those do not have a barrel serial number.

There, now the faker can fix the issues with it before it reappears, or the next one. But he better be good, I have tricks up my sleeve to detect them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

That's very true about the etched numbers.