Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFA thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    I wish we could rid ourselves of the Hughes amendment and get back our rights. A stupid m16 shouldn’t cost $20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A DIAS was like $150 for a nice one. Now they are asking $35,000.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/832604263
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    I just saw a nice Colt 1918 BAR with accessories for $54,000 last weekend at the ogca show. I saw the exact same gun for sale at the last knob creek show for $35,000. So why did the seller raise the price on it
    $20000 when it wasn't selling then?
    I saw that too, unrelated to the current topic, but did you see the guy asking $8750 for his 1941 Johnson? Insanity.

I think a good bit of this is sellers trying to gin up markets. People see a BAR listed for $50,000 and when they see "another" BAR listed for $35k it looks like a deal. It's not, it's the same BAR. Same with all NFA. Same with K98ks, etc.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

#doomandgloom

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I think a good bit of this is sellers trying to gin up markets. People see a BAR listed for $50,000 and when they see "another" BAR listed for $35k it looks like a deal. It's not, it's the same BAR. Same with all NFA. Same with K98ks, etc.
    You nailed it. Often Same seller. Same item. As for NFA, GCA, Hughes Amendment, ATF restrictions, State Laws, etc they are all infringements. Really need RBG to need replacing in the next 3 months and Hardiman to be the one to replace her. Then we have a shot at these infringements being ruled Unconstitutional.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Question:

Looking into getting a Colt 21 Thompson. I buy the gun then what? Who holds onto it while I wait for the form 4 to transfer into the trust?

Quote Originally Posted by WreckTangle View Post
    Question:

Looking into getting a Colt 21 Thompson. I buy the gun then what? Who holds onto it while I wait for the form 4 to transfer into the trust?
    Purchase the NFA item, have transferred to your SOT/FFL dealer. He will hold it while you do the form 4 transfer.