Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFA thoughts

Default NFA thoughts

Starting to see things really pick up at NFA branch, just got a Form 4 trust back in 8 months, saw another at the dealer that was 3 months! Batch approvals must be doing the trick. Even form 20’s are down to a week or so.

Just a thought, do we need - or could we use an NFA forum?
    WTB: Mp44/STG44 related items

I don't think there is enough interest to do an nfa forum, it's good in this section.

I have a Form 4 individual sitting at 9 months right now, a .45 can. My form1 time is about 14 days though, did a few SBR's. Long ago when I did my MP40 the wait time was 6 months and I though that was excruciating.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Back in the day a year could be considered short.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Supposedly E-file Form 4 is nearing, they are doing some test. For example - old paper form 1, ~9 months right now (why would you). E-file form 1, ~ 30 days average. I hope it fixes the wait times on form4s.

I bought a form 4 MP44 back in the early 90's. Approval took 90 days. Bought and paid for in June, paperwork came back in September. Why does it take so long these days? One would think the process would be more streamlined with the use of better , faster computers etc

Quote Originally Posted by Intruder196 View Post
    I bought a form 4 MP44 back in the early 90's. Approval took 90 days. Bought and paid for in June, paperwork came back in September. Why does it take so long these days? One would think the process would be more streamlined with the use of better , faster computers etc
    Probably doesn't help most of it is still snail mail and you have maybe 20 people doing paperwork for the whole country.

The big drain is the popularity of silencers. Years ago, it was mostly just MG transfers. Now that MG's are unobtaniam due to prices, peoples only way to play the nfa game is silencers and sbr's, and there are a ton of makers for cans. Plus your comment on the number of examiners.

Yes silencers and sbr’s have clogged the whole process. I don’t fault those people however, I fault the gov for not implementing a quick process.

However, we are seeing some of the best turnaround times we’ve seen in decades, so they must be doing something.
    WTB: Mp44/STG44 related items

I wish we could rid ourselves of the Hughes amendment and get back our rights. A stupid m16 shouldn’t cost $20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    I wish we could rid ourselves of the Hughes amendment and get back our rights. A stupid m16 shouldn’t cost $20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just saw a nice Colt 1918 BAR with accessories for $54,000 last weekend at the ogca show. I saw the exact same gun for sale at the last knob creek show for $35,000. So why did the seller raise the price on it
    $20000 when it wasn't selling then?
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers