Third Party Press

NFA thoughts

mostpeople

Starting to see things really pick up at NFA branch, just got a Form 4 trust back in 8 months, saw another at the dealer that was 3 months! Batch approvals must be doing the trick. Even form 20’s are down to a week or so.

Just a thought, do we need - or could we use an NFA forum?

I don't think there is enough interest to do an nfa forum, it's good in this section.

I have a Form 4 individual sitting at 9 months right now, a .45 can. My form1 time is about 14 days though, did a few SBR's. Long ago when I did my MP40 the wait time was 6 months and I though that was excruciating.

Supposedly E-file Form 4 is nearing, they are doing some test. For example - old paper form 1, ~9 months right now (why would you). E-file form 1, ~ 30 days average. I hope it fixes the wait times on form4s.

I bought a form 4 MP44 back in the early 90's. Approval took 90 days. Bought and paid for in June, paperwork came back in September. Why does it take so long these days? One would think the process would be more streamlined with the use of better , faster computers etc

I bought a form 4 MP44 back in the early 90's. Approval took 90 days. Bought and paid for in June, paperwork came back in September. Why does it take so long these days? One would think the process would be more streamlined with the use of better , faster computers etc

Probably doesn't help most of it is still snail mail and you have maybe 20 people doing paperwork for the whole country.

The big drain is the popularity of silencers. Years ago, it was mostly just MG transfers. Now that MG's are unobtaniam due to prices, peoples only way to play the nfa game is silencers and sbr's, and there are a ton of makers for cans. Plus your comment on the number of examiners.

Yes silencers and sbr’s have clogged the whole process. I don’t fault those people however, I fault the gov for not implementing a quick process.

However, we are seeing some of the best turnaround times we’ve seen in decades, so they must be doing something.

I wish we could rid ourselves of the Hughes amendment and get back our rights. A stupid m16 shouldn’t cost $20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we could rid ourselves of the Hughes amendment and get back our rights. A stupid m16 shouldn’t cost $20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw a nice Colt 1918 BAR with accessories for $54,000 last weekend at the ogca show. I saw the exact same gun for sale at the last knob creek show for $35,000. So why did the seller raise the price on it
$20000 when it wasn't selling then?

I just saw a nice Colt 1918 BAR with accessories for $54,000 last weekend at the ogca show. I saw the exact same gun for sale at the last knob creek show for $35,000. So why did the seller raise the price on it
$20000 when it wasn't selling then?

I saw that too, unrelated to the current topic, but did you see the guy asking $8750 for his 1941 Johnson? Insanity.

I think a good bit of this is sellers trying to gin up markets. People see a BAR listed for $50,000 and when they see "another" BAR listed for $35k it looks like a deal. It's not, it's the same BAR. Same with all NFA. Same with K98ks, etc.

I think a good bit of this is sellers trying to gin up markets. People see a BAR listed for $50,000 and when they see "another" BAR listed for $35k it looks like a deal. It's not, it's the same BAR. Same with all NFA. Same with K98ks, etc.
You nailed it. Often Same seller. Same item. As for NFA, GCA, Hughes Amendment, ATF restrictions, State Laws, etc they are all infringements. Really need RBG to need replacing in the next 3 months and Hardiman to be the one to replace her. Then we have a shot at these infringements being ruled Unconstitutional.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Question:

Looking into getting a Colt 21 Thompson. I buy the gun then what? Who holds onto it while I wait for the form 4 to transfer into the trust?

Question:

Looking into getting a Colt 21 Thompson. I buy the gun then what? Who holds onto it while I wait for the form 4 to transfer into the trust?

Purchase the NFA item, have transferred to your SOT/FFL dealer. He will hold it while you do the form 4 transfer.

Military Rifle Journal
Back