Third Party Press

Odd Panel Cut G43 1945 assembled rifle

mdarnell19

Beavis Moderator
Staff member
I think you hard core G/K43 guys will like this one.

Just bought this rifle and it is a interesting rifle. At first glance I thought it was a mid 1944 K block built on a Panel Cut receiver. However, the stock isn't serial numbered to the rifle. RyanE points out that the receiver is phosphate, so it can't be a mid 1944 rifle. Previously rejected receiver that was used in late 1945 to assemble a rifle. The question is where was it assembled? And what is the H1 on the stock?

Hope you like chatter on the stock. Andrew pointed out that it doesn't have a scope. :googlie Lets see if it can stick around. :laugh:

G43 K block Panel Cut (1).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (2).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (3).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (4).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (5).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (6).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (7).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (8).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (9).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (10).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (11).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (12).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (13).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (14).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (15).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (16).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (17).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (18).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (19).jpgG43 K block Panel Cut (20).jpg

Wow

That is one untouched rifle...certainly receiver was on a rifle earlier rejected and reused....:hail::thumbsup:

o:thumbsup:

Just awesome! First report on this one. Can’t explain the odd stock marking and there’s not much to go on with the rifles reported around this one (not much info on them and the rifles around yours aren’t totally correct either that do have info). I will add that it looks like something was going on with some of these k block ac44 rifles. G.43 ac44 #5444k has a 2cm longer barrel, and an earlier G.43 #9478j has an authentic hardwood stock with a ‘45 dated barrel code, G.43 ac44 #5809k also has a ‘45 dated barrel code....so, yes I would think it is very possible your rifle was one of those assembled in ‘45 as well.

Any extra history on the rifle that came with it?

Killer rifle Matt, congrats!

You can see why so many got sanded over the years, I showed an old collector friend of mine a similar 98k stock (he primarily collected pre ww1 stuff) and he got this look on his face like he felt bad for me and my crappy rifle, and suggested how I might smooth out that roughness :biggrin1:

Definitely an odd one. You have to wonder why they didn't at least renumber the receiver.

I had ac44 954J, and it was a phosphate receiver, non-panel cut. No idea on barrel code either.
Very nice rifle, Titan

Military Rifle Journal
Back