Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K43 ac44 Here’s one I hope we’ll see

Default K43 ac44 Here’s one I hope we’ll see

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/831714975

I almost bid on this one. Really nice stock, neat q block that was probably assembled in ‘45. Has a cool “backwards 45” on the top of the bolt carrier too. And, the owner will never have to look for the matching scope mount

Someone either got a really good deal OR maybe not. I asked the seller for photos of the internal numbered parts as there wasn’t any for presentation. Never heard from them. The bidding would probably have been a whole lot higher if it was known whether or not the parts all matched up. So, it’s either a super nice matching or a nice mismatch. I didn’t want a mismatch and wasn’t going to gamble $3k....so, hopefully one of our collectors bought it and will show it. If I gambled, I would bet it’s matching...but, we just don’t know. It was a first report on my serial number listings.

Really like the stock on that G/K43 you just don't find many of these rifles with undicked stocks. Still if it was all matching I think someone got a pretty good deal.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 2 Tank View Post
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/831714975

I almost bid on this one. Really nice stock, neat q block that was probably assembled in ‘45. Has a cool “backwards 45” on the top of the bolt carrier too. And, the owner will never have to look for the matching scope mount

Someone either got a really good deal OR maybe not. I asked the seller for photos of the internal numbered parts as there wasn’t any for presentation. Never heard from them. The bidding would probably have been a whole lot higher if it was known whether or not the parts all matched up. So, it’s either a super nice matching or a nice mismatch. I didn’t want a mismatch and wasn’t going to gamble $3k....so, hopefully one of our collectors bought it and will show it. If I gambled, I would bet it’s matching...but, we just don’t know. It was a first report on my serial number listings.
    Nice Rifle, and if it’s all matching it would be a nice variation with no scope rail for a collection !!

Beavis Moderator Intern mdarnell19's Avatar

I was watching also. But with no bolt internal pictures I lost interest.

In my experience rifles with the rails milled off tend to bring less money. I guess collectors don't like them as much. Even though they are less common.

I like the one I have.

This one is all matching, found it at a local Gun Shop 9 years ago, cost was 3K. If that rifle was an all matching G/K43 then IMHO it was a steal.
    HDH.

Wow! A real beauty Model. Congrats on a mighty fine example.

Default Gb k43

It appeared to be a nice one, especially the stock. Even though I already have an 'as-new' K43 I bid on this one to $2900, I think. Then wished I'd gone all the way. But without internal photos I just couldn't do it. The backwards 45 was interesting!

That was a nice one! I had wondered where the cutoff date was between 44 and 45 q block production.

Quote Originally Posted by Montana7184 View Post
    But without internal photos I just couldn't do it.
    Me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 2 Tank View Post
    Has a cool “backwards 45” on the top of the bolt carrier too.
    Always liked the pieces with this feature. Have you collected any data on the serial number ranges where these bolt carriers are observed? Thanks ......