Third Party Press

Thread: Duv 44 bolt carrier manufacturer

Default Duv 44 bolt carrier manufacturer

Looking at my duv 44 G.43, I see that the bolt carrier is marked WaaA44, but everything else is marked Waa214, which was BLM's inspection stamp. I've seen online that other duv bolt carriers are marked WaaA44 as well. Was this a sub-contracted part? Seems to be the only part that was manufactured separately.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is the bolt housing. The stamped housing are all 44 marked regardless of which factory. You do see milled housings Walter or blm marked but they are much less seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    That is the bolt housing. The stamped housing are all 44 marked regardless of which factory. You do see milled housings Walter or blm marked but they are much less seen.
    That's what I meant, housing! Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin5000 View Post
    That's what I meant, housing! Thanks for the info.
    The stamped bolt housing was produced by Merz Werke,code cos,Waffenampt WaaA44

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M1-Garand View Post
    The stamped bolt housing was produced by Merz Werke,code cos,Waffenampt WaaA44
    Did they also make some stamped components for the MP40? I thought I saw the cos before? Maybe I'm dreaming?
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    Did they also make some stamped components for the MP40? I thought I saw the cos before? Maybe I'm dreaming?
    In a quick Google search, it looks like they produced parts for the MP40 as well as the MP/StG44.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin5000 View Post
    In a quick Google search, it looks like they produced parts for the MP40 as well as the MP/StG44.
    Yes,the stamped housing on the MP/Stg 44 was made by Merz,I often wonder if SSD got a hold of the dies to produce their
    BD44 ?

Cool deal. Thanks guys. I have a couple MP40 kits and I was pretty sure they have cos/WaA44 parts and that they were stamped parts, not milled. I can't remember exactly which parts and they're not geographically co-located with me so I couldn't check even if I wanted to.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

I buy capture paper guns ugafx4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    Cool deal. Thanks guys. I have a couple MP40 kits and I was pretty sure they have cos/WaA44 parts and that they were stamped parts, not milled. I can't remember exactly which parts and they're not geographically co-located with me so I couldn't check even if I wanted to.
    I think they made grips and magazine push buttons for the MP40.

Quote Originally Posted by ugafx4 View Post
    I think they made grips and magazine push buttons for the MP40.
    I would say 'when I get a chance I'll pull them out and check' but that's probably a lie until I either retire or have to get something else that's also there.