Third Party Press

K43 ac44 Here’s one I hope we’ll see

Tiger 2 Tank

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/831714975

I almost bid on this one. Really nice stock, neat q block that was probably assembled in ‘45. Has a cool “backwards 45” on the top of the bolt carrier too. And, the owner will never have to look for the matching scope mount :laugh:

Someone either got a really good deal OR maybe not. I asked the seller for photos of the internal numbered parts as there wasn’t any for presentation. Never heard from them. The bidding would probably have been a whole lot higher if it was known whether or not the parts all matched up. So, it’s either a super nice matching or a nice mismatch. I didn’t want a mismatch and wasn’t going to gamble $3k....so, hopefully one of our collectors bought it and will show it. If I gambled, I would bet it’s matching...but, we just don’t know. It was a first report on my serial number listings.

Really like the stock on that G/K43 you just don't find many of these rifles with undicked stocks. Still if it was all matching I think someone got a pretty good deal.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/831714975

I almost bid on this one. Really nice stock, neat q block that was probably assembled in ‘45. Has a cool “backwards 45” on the top of the bolt carrier too. And, the owner will never have to look for the matching scope mount :laugh:

Someone either got a really good deal OR maybe not. I asked the seller for photos of the internal numbered parts as there wasn’t any for presentation. Never heard from them. The bidding would probably have been a whole lot higher if it was known whether or not the parts all matched up. So, it’s either a super nice matching or a nice mismatch. I didn’t want a mismatch and wasn’t going to gamble $3k....so, hopefully one of our collectors bought it and will show it. If I gambled, I would bet it’s matching...but, we just don’t know. It was a first report on my serial number listings.

Nice Rifle, and if it’s all matching it would be a nice variation with no scope rail for a collection !!

I was watching also. But with no bolt internal pictures I lost interest.

In my experience rifles with the rails milled off tend to bring less money. I guess collectors don't like them as much. Even though they are less common.

I like the one I have.

This one is all matching, found it at a local Gun Shop 9 years ago, cost was 3K. If that rifle was an all matching G/K43 then IMHO it was a steal.:thumbsup:

Gb k43

It appeared to be a nice one, especially the stock. Even though I already have an 'as-new' K43 I bid on this one to $2900, I think. Then wished I'd gone all the way. But without internal photos I just couldn't do it. The backwards 45 was interesting!

Has a cool “backwards 45” on the top of the bolt carrier too.

Always liked the pieces with this feature. Have you collected any data on the serial number ranges where these bolt carriers are observed? Thanks ......

Always liked the pieces with this feature. Have you collected any data on the serial number ranges where these bolt carriers are observed? Thanks ......

Yes, I have the entries where I noted them, but it would take a little bit of time to count them out at some point. I figured someday that little detail might be needed.

Thanks Armen. Some look down on the AC44's with the missing scope rail, I see them as just another variant to collect. :thumbsup:

From a collector’s stand point, they are just fine and should be desirable. My earlier G.43 ac44 d block doesn’t have a scope rail and I couldn’t be happier. And, like stated earlier, you will never have to look for the original scope mount. From a shooter’s prospective, I can see why they wouldn’t want it because they can’t put a scope on it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back