Third Party Press

SSZZA4 rifle for posterity...1940 BLM SSZZA4 rifle, serial no. 2834

Good work! I don't know guns are good but he's been on GB since '06. A buyer of his feedbacked 'Jason is great to deal with and very honest.' back in '14 but he DID buy someone from Elite in April so who knows? :behindsofa:

"Bubba here it's my rifle I can do what I want with it got it out of a barrel for $20!"

Attachments

• 3b6.jpeg
    3b6.jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 15
Hahaha! And to be clear, I’m not necessarily trying to suggest this buyer will pull anything nefarious but I know how these rifles can get around. I figured this post could be useful if this barreled action turns up 5 years from now as a complete, all original, mint crisp closet find! A lot of dishonest dollars could be made off this if the wrong person got ahold of it.

I understand but someone is doing it... and a lot. Props to you for saving the pics!

Thank you Wolfsburg. I would not bet money against it turning up again as a "rare original matching vet bringback SSZZA4 rework." It may be a couple years from now, but it will wash back up. I wouldn't doubt it if the new proud owner posts it here for review. 1940 BLM SSZZA4 rifle, serial number 2834 ad and bid history:

SSZZA4 ad.JPG SSZZA4 bid history ad.JPG

Were it mine, I would try to get it back to K98k configuration as well. But I would not fake any matching numbers and would clearly state it then as a restoration. Nothing bad on saving rare items such as this, as long as the restoration is clearly documented and no fraud is attemted.

Damn how depressing.

That's a thing in this game... unfortunately. The running joke is Bubba must have hand selected the rarest and most desirable rifle to 'enhance'. While it's not true there are times it sure seems like it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back