Third Party Press

2cm Bringback Ammo Crate.

CE43

I was asked by Waffenmeister to post up some pics of this send home crate. I am more then happy to oblige.

Found this while on vacation in Lake George NY a couple summers ago.Took home some other goodies as well that day.
Its for 100pcs 2cm Armor Piercing (Panzergranat) Ammunition (Patronen) with Red (rot) Tracer (L'spur) in steel shell casings.
Mr. Johnson really wanted to make sure his booty made its way home so he stamped the top and bottom of the box with his address. I like to think of all the cool things he could have fit into this crate and mailed home.
Thanks for looking.
Ray

2cm 4.jpg2cm 5.jpg2cm 6.jpg2cm 10.jpg2cm 7.jpg2cm 3.jpg2cm 2.jpg2cn 1.jpg2cm 8.jpg

Attachments

• 2cm 9.jpg
    2cm 9.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 42
Excellent crate. I’ve got a 39 and 45 2cm crate. I have to get around to posting all of mine.

Thanks CE, I like Andrew like to see these things. Nice to see the paper label still in good condition. I have read that most of these were used for firewood during and after the war..

Thanks CE, I like Andrew like to see these things. Nice to see the paper label still in good condition. I have read that most of these were used for firewood during and after the war..

Not a problem. I am sure most crates like this got used as firewood or re purposed somehow.
Glad you guys like it. Send home crates/boxes are really what this hobby is all about in my opinion.
Thanks for the comments
Ray

Here's another that our son has...

Attachments

• 2cm.box.0.JPG
    2cm.box.0.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 2cm.box.2.JPG
    2cm.box.2.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2cm.box.5.JPG
    2cm.box.5.JPG