Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on BYF 44 Purchase

Default Advice on BYF 44 Purchase

Hello, I am looking at a BYF 44 and was hoping to get some expert advice. I know this is the place to be when it comes to authenticating k98s! I was told its a all matching bring back, never refinished/sanded etc. Thanks for the help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bshmail24; 10-04-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Default Advice on BYF 44 Purchase

Last edited by bshmail24; 10-04-2019 at 11:50 PM.

No issues so far. Looks pretty nice.

No expert but it looks really nice. Maybe get a shot of the lower band and rear sight to make sure they match?

I think it's a very nice rifle and I don't see any issues with it whatsoever. What is the asking price for this rifle sir? If the asking price is $1,000 or under I would buy it that's a very good deal.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Agree with all the above. Looks pretty un-messed with. FN supplied bolt. Like Jordan said if it's under $1k it's a good deal.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2 bruce98k's Avatar

Default 'g' block

Real nice un-messed with 'g' block. I would own that.
    ---- Turbo Myš ----

The rifle is not just a good deal if “under $1K” in my opinion. I think if you can get it for $1500 or below you got a good deal. No one on this forum is going to sell a byf44 with no issues for under $1K.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NathanLM View Post
    The rifle is not just a good deal if “under $1K” in my opinion. I think if you can get it for $1500 or below you got a good deal. No one on this forum is going to sell a byf44 with no issues for under $1K.
    I'd have to agree. If this rifle is totally as shown in the previews that's probably a more realistic number. Even though they're the most made and most commonly encountered, 100% original and in-messed with still carries a premium. Lot's of smaller sellers out there (thought I saw a hangtag?) have no real idea what they have and to them $1k is a LOT of money for an old rifle. Honestly often they don't do any research at all. They add a profit margin to what they paid and up for sale it goes. We had a guy grab 2 from the same small shop lately for ridiculously under what the real collector value is. Obviously the owner of that shop had no idea what they were worth or he wouldn't have priced them that way.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Default Byf 44

Interesting timing, see the trader!