Third Party Press

Thread: German hat real?

Default German hat real?

based off the photos I would say no.... Could be a Janke cap.

Driving next to a Crown Vic with a paper tag

Good reproductions will cost more than that typically.
    Taschen Billiard

The guy is claiming itís a bring back by friend of the family I will try and get better pics

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    The guy is claiming it’s a bring back by friend of the family I will try and get better pics
    It's a real hat. It is little else beyond that. Did the guy tell you from whence it was brung back? Brought back from a funshow table full of nylon kriegsflagges, deer jerky and glass unicorns perhaps. I hope he got his eyeglasses cleaned and his knife sharpened too. For just a hat, I'd recommend something maybe in mossy oak swamp grass with your favorite subdued NCAA team logo on the front, such as "LSU". You could own multiples of all of the SEC teams in various patterns, etc., for the cost of that hat. Plus, if you wear that hat about people will think you're perhaps a bit off. These are my opinions, as they were solicited.

Last edited by Hambone; 10-08-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    ďNot every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.Ē - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Thanks guys for the input. Just wanted to make sure. I donít know much about German head gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Thanks guys for the input. Just wanted to make sure. I donít know much about German head gear.
    Willy, better to ask than not and someone score a desirable piece, but this one is clearly not. SS everything has been humped since 1946 and there are some excellent hat repros out there. This one is more in the range of a Halloween costume, not even solid re-enactor grade I don't think.
    ďNot every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.Ē - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945