Third Party Press
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: QVE 45 K43 a buddy picked up this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe7170 View Post
    Only thing found in the buttstock was a sliding external cover for the later action cover, not one of the internal dust covers like that one on the rifle.

As far as the hood rails, it had no scratches or wear up there so maybe it never had one?
    It’s possible that it never had one installed. It’s also reasonable that one was put on it and taken off (for who knows why) very carefully. My “vote” would be that it probably didn’t have one. I have a K.43 ac45 a block rifle that never had one installed. I also have a K.98k dou.45 that never had one either. Things were getting sometimes scarce and omitted at this point.

Does the bolt components match up too?

mdarnell19: I was looking at your rifle again....just awesome as well. That clear coated mag is really neat and the “ribbing” on the milled bolt action cover is neat as well. I own the 3rd highest known f block K.43 qve45 rifle and it has the milled bolt action cover too. It’s just one of those features that BLM never even thought about when these were made, but makes collectors really happy!
    Last edited by Tiger 2 Tank; 10-09-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar

Thanks Tiger. It was my first matching German sniper rifle. Got it from a good friend. Milled action cover was just a bonus. Don't have that mag anymore.

Well done.

HDH.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 2 Tank View Post
    It’s possible that it never had one installed. It’s also reasonable that one was put on it and taken off (for who knows why) very carefully. My “vote” would be that it probably didn’t have one. I have a K.43 ac45 a block rifle that never had one installed. I also have a K.98k dou.45 that never had one either. Things were getting sometimes scarce and omitted at this point.

Does the bolt components match up too?

mdarnell19: I was looking at your rifle again....just awesome as well. That clear coated mag is really neat and the “ribbing” on the milled bolt action cover is neat as well. I own the 3rd highest known f block K.43 qve45 rifle and it has the milled bolt action cover too. It’s just one of those features that BLM never even thought about when these were made, but makes collectors really happy!

I dont remember if all the bolt parts are marked, but I do know everything I seen had a 83 on them. I will take it apart at a later time and check. My buddy that owns this is having some health issues now, so kinda worried about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe7170 View Post
    I dont remember if all the bolt parts are marked, but I do know everything I seen had a 83 on them. I will take it apart at a later time and check. My buddy that owns this is having some health issues now, so kinda worried about him.
    Sorry to hear on the health issues. No problem on looking as it’s not important on our end of things to know.

Someone tried to "unscrew" the barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    Someone tried to "unscrew" the barrel?
    Definitely looks like wrench marks.

That's what they appeared to me. Maybe barrel installation marks?

G/K 43 Barrels were “pressed in” with the aid of a horizontal press. Whoever used a pipe wrench on that barrel post war must have thought it was threaded.

The picture shows what could be a hairline crack in the bolt housing, originating from the cutout for the dust cover, but hopefully it's only a scratch. Cracks in this area are not uncommon for G43 and G41 rifles with milled bolt housings. In addition, the square tab on the G41 recoil spring retainer often puts an outward facing dent in the top of the bolt housing near the rear end.