Third Party Press

Some WWII German Machine Guns.

md66948

My friend Ernie is a C3/SOT Dealer. Here are some pictures of weapons in his office. I think one of the WWII German Machine Guns is out of an Airplane. It is two Machine Guns with one Pistol Grip/Trigger. It feeds from the left and right with both dumping out their belts and brass in the middle between both Machine Guns.

He has a huge Vault at another location with lots of MGs going back to WWI.

Damn, that is some super awesome stuff!

The aircraft gun looks to be a MG-17 Zwilling flexible mount gun, like used in the gunners position in the Stuka, and many others...that is so cool....

This stuff used to be cheap enough a regular guy could afford it. Those days are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This stuff used to be cheap enough a regular guy could afford it. Those days are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, unfortunately couple the 1986 Registry fiasco with a bunch of greedy, wealthy guys who see them as strictly as investments...and here we are.

The big time MG investors are the ones who fight the hardest against opening the registry again...

Yeah, unfortunately couple the 1986 Registry fiasco with a bunch of greedy, wealthy guys who see them as strictly as investments...and here we are.

The big time MG investors are the ones who fight the hardest against opening the registry again...

Yeah, the inflation was done with shill buying from the stories I've heard, using M16's. A rising tide in M16 prices raised everything up. In 95-96 you could buy an MG42 for about $3500, MP44 shooter was $2500, collectible guns were $3500. Hell, MP40's were cheap, Sten guns were givaways. I should have bought more, but even in my libertarian conservative area the Sheriff wasn't keen on signing form4's, I had to have a meeting and convince him I was a good dude to get my MP40, he even tried to wave me off while I was there. That was 95 or so, 9 years after the registry was closed.

Yeah, the inflation was done with shill buying from the stories I've heard, using M16's. A rising tide in M16 prices raised everything up. In 95-96 you could buy an MG42 for about $3500, MP44 shooter was $2500, collectible guns were $3500. Hell, MP40's were cheap, Sten guns were givaways. I should have bought more, but even in my libertarian conservative area the Sheriff wasn't keen on signing form4's, I had to have a meeting and convince him I was a good dude to get my MP40, he even tried to wave me off while I was there. That was 95 or so, 9 years after the registry was closed.

An essentially closed market with a finite number of items for sale certainly will allow for shenanigans...

I was talking with a friend at a show who has a friend who is very wealthy, he has a huge collection of MG's, he doesn't even know what many of them are, just sees them as investments...I am sad he bogarts them with dollar signs in his eyes, where guys who would sleep with them in their bed go wanting....:facepalm::laugh:

Think about it, the consortium of MG investors see the writing on the wall, start buying them while they are still relatively cheap, continue until they have bunches, then start the shill buying to drive the price up...just like manipulating stocks, but no SEC to oversee it...

Amazing collection, where at in PA? I’ve got a collector friend who recently gave up their SOT, but they still have a bunch of the WW1/WW2 stuff, just no post samples.

I bought the class3 MP44 I owned in 1993 for $3600. People told me I paid too much. That same year, I had a friend that bought a class 3 MG42 in matching original condition with lots of spare barrels, parts, accessories and tripod for a whole $3800. He used a post war bolt out of fear that the original matching bolt would break.

Back in 1998 ole Dave Cook who ran the Dallas Mil. Collectors and that show called me and said he was getting rid of MGs as he knew I wanted a MP.40. He probably had at least 10 of them, all matching and nice, and said I could come take my pick for like $2k a pop. I didn’t do it because I could get 4-5 nice matching K98ks for that :googlie

Amazing collection, where at in PA? I’ve got a collector friend who recently gave up their SOT, but they still have a bunch of the WW1/WW2 stuff, just no post samples.

Ernie is in Willow Grove.

Ernie also has two operational GE Mini Guns and a third receiver for one. He shoots them at Knob Creek.

Damn, that is some super awesome stuff!

The aircraft gun looks to be a MG-17 Zwilling flexible mount gun, like used in the gunners position in the Stuka, and many others...that is so cool....
\\

Aircraft gun is a MG81.

Ernie is in Willow Grove.

Ernie also has two operational GE Mini Guns and a third receiver for one. He shoots them at Knob Creek.

Does Ernie also happen to be into lockpcking and have a pretty decent size YouTube channel? Just so happens this lockpcking guy has two minis and a receiver also. What are the odds of someone having 3 of these bad boys.
https://youtu.be/Zuw7-3nDslE

I don’t know the prices of machine guns, what do they go for now?

Depends on what type of guns, your are talking about. Something like a C and R mp40 660 steyr 1940 gun, could be easily talking 30-50k. Poulin's Just had a auction with a extremely nice 1940 660 code MP40, all matching including bolt and it sold for 19k plus 18.5 percent. which IMO Is a good deal. Seeing How Morphys sold one in the spring of 2019 auction and it brought 46k, ans it was a FXO 41 Haenel gun all matching. Or I just picked up a Dewat Japanese type 99 LMG for 6K Plus 20 percent. Regular price on these 99 LMGS pull about 10000-18000.

So is the code 660 MP40 one of the most valuable and rare variations as far as MP40s go, compared to say an all matching but later gun?

So is the code 660 MP40 one of the most valuable and rare variations as far as MP40s go, compared to say an all matching but later gun?

Yes They are out there in the registry, but are very rare to come across ALL matching. IF you are looking for one of the earliest MP40s to add to your collections. That is a gun that has to be on the list. There, and then if you are looking for late war MP40s, your search would lead you to the BNZ44. Which is believed production ceased I believe in October of 44 for BNZ.

Military Rifle Journal
Back