Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: another rifle 'sale'. ridiculous by any measure

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Default another rifle 'sale'. ridiculous by any measure

Just throwing this out for comments/evaluation. Does anyone think this is legit? IMHO the price is WAAYY beyond just insane. Also IMHO it's not even that nice of a rifle. Buffed and shined with some kind of goop, both on the metal and wood.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/835665772
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

But, but.....”it had most likely seen some actions in the western front line of the European theater.” 8-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasnt this rifle popped up before? Junk.

John.

Nicest Mauser on the western front, freshly sanded, clear coated and cold blued. They don't come any better than this. Yours for only $3,500. Once in a lifetime opportunity, grab it before it's gone forever.

Attached Images Attached Images

Holy shit that's shiny!

I can't believe someone paid $3500 for it....

Someone with more money than brains...

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?

Shroud and safety should be 4 digits if memory serves. My "f" block is anyway. Shroud digits are even facing the wrong way.

SHINY!

I believe the buyer is mentally ill. That is ridiculous.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

People who buy K98s like this at this price are people who really want a “real German K98”, but don’t know anything about them. They don’t know what correct examples should actually look like, what markings they should have, what looks wrong, etc. Most people want one of those Nazi rifles from WWII! You get more than one person with that mentality bidding on Gunbroker, and they get into bidding wars and that price keeps rising. It’s been said before, but a little research goes a long way.

I wish the buyer would call me. I have one that’s not sanded with same bluing and almost as nice. I’d let him have it for say $3250?

Look at the bid history. What’s gunbroker.com-user. Is that a real screen name? With 2 purchases. Shill bidder?