Third Party Press

another rifle 'sale'. ridiculous by any measure

heavy_mech

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual
Just throwing this out for comments/evaluation. Does anyone think this is legit? IMHO the price is WAAYY beyond just insane. Also IMHO it's not even that nice of a rifle. Buffed and shined with some kind of goop, both on the metal and wood.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/835665772

But, but.....”it had most likely seen some actions in the western front line of the European theater.” :cool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicest Mauser on the western front, freshly sanded, clear coated and cold blued. They don't come any better than this. Yours for only $3,500. Once in a lifetime opportunity, grab it before it's gone forever.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20191014_112831.jpg
    20191014_112831.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 310
Holy shite that's shiny!

I can't believe someone paid $3500 for it....

Someone with more money than brains...

Shroud and safety should be 4 digits if memory serves. My "f" block is anyway. Shroud digits are even facing the wrong way.

People who buy K98s like this at this price are people who really want a “real German K98”, but don’t know anything about them. They don’t know what correct examples should actually look like, what markings they should have, what looks wrong, etc. Most people want one of those Nazi rifles from WWII! You get more than one person with that mentality bidding on Gunbroker, and they get into bidding wars and that price keeps rising. It’s been said before, but a little research goes a long way.

I wish the buyer would call me. I have one that’s not sanded with same bluing and almost as nice. I’d let him have it for say $3250?:thumbsup:

Look at the bid history. What’s gunbroker.com-user. Is that a real screen name? With 2 purchases. Shill bidder?

What a travesty... A fool and their money are soon parted.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Definitely a bit odd. It looks like “gunbroker.com-user” has been a member since 2007 though the seller “Country_Surplus” has only been a member since 2016.

I actually wonder about the “buyer”. Looks like the sale didn’t go through because of an undisclosed “issue”.

Attachments

• 6E8AFFF1-D8D7-4BCE-9064-AED33ADF6E31.jpeg
    6E8AFFF1-D8D7-4BCE-9064-AED33ADF6E31.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 57
Definitely a bit odd. It looks like “gunbroker.com-user” has been a member since 2007 though the seller “Country_Surplus” has only been a member since 2016.

I actually wonder about the “buyer”. Looks like the sale didn’t go through because of an undisclosed “issue”.

Hmm... that's weird.

That slicked up greased and stock wanked rifle is worth no more than $1200 in my opinion, tops, and it "sold" for $3500? IMHO, looks like the old Gunbonker "winning" bidder :googlie There is a significant amount of shill bidding on Gunbonker IMHO. Some serial Gunbonker dealer has a pretty decent item which is going to hit a normal price, then suddenly a couple NR or 3 feedback in 3 years sleeper bidders jump in and run it up to 100-300% high retail / ridiculous? This conduct and such people are contaminating our hobby. Because, some potential seller gets respectable $1500+ offers for something, then the looks on Gunbonker and sees such a thing "sell" for $3500, then suddenly you're someone trying to rip him off when the real fraud is the shilling BS and market games. We see this in the NFA market where someone will list something for an outrageous price so that he can then sell that something for more by pointing to his own listing somewhere else that it is worth that.

Military Rifle Journal
Back