Third Party Press

My German Munitions Crate Collection

Here's one of mine. It is for the KwK43 round. Unfortunately the lid has been painted over which hid all of the stenciling. There are still partial labels inside. Mine is an armor piercing round but the box originally held a round with a high explosive projectile.

Attachments

• KwK43 01a.jpg
    KwK43 01a.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 27
  • KwK43 02a.jpg
    KwK43 02a.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 32
  • KwK43 03a.jpg
    KwK43 03a.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 33
  • KwK43 04a.jpg
    KwK43 04a.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 19
Here's one of mine. It is for the KwK43 round. Unfortunately the lid has been painted over which hid all of the stenciling. There are still partial labels inside. Mine is an armor piercing round but the box originally held a round with a high explosive projectile.

Yeah, that is damned nice...gorgeous round, and awesome box.

That is one I would try and carefully explore stripping the new layer of paint...

I would go to a corner, and start with various solvents/strippers, and see if the upper layer can be removed without affecting the lower layer...possible if two different types of paint were used, or sometimes figuring out the magic time to wait while the solvent softens the top layer, but doesn't start working on the underlayer...

If it can be found, I would just go with small areas working until the top layer is gone...

Or just repaint the entire outside and cut a new stencil and re-stencil...

But thats just me...

Oh, hopefully in a week or so, I may have some exciting news for ordnance collectors for sourcing some needed stuff!

Military Rifle Journal
Back